UKC

Bad UX. Getting from wishlist to crag details (Android and Apple)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

The following problem exists on both the Android and Apple versions of the RockFax App. 

Scenario: I have built up a wishlist of routes prior to going on a trip. The whole area is totally unfamiliar to me. A week later I am now on the trip and I want to climb these routes on my wishlist, I need maps and directions.

Problem: If I navigate to these routes from Logbook > Wishlist and then click on a route I can now see the topo and description but it's impossible to then navigate through to what crag they are at or how I can get there! Utterly infuriating and this navigational dead-end renders the feature useless. 

The workaround is to switch over to the phone's browser and login to UKC and go to my Logbook > Wishlist which does show the crag, take note of the name, return to the app, from to Crag tab, search by name for the crag and then you can get the details that should (in any properly tested app) have been 1 click away. 

I am a web developer by profession and so I say with some degree of confidence these bugs are easily fixable. I have a long list of bugs that have frustrated me over the 4 months I've been using the app but this 1 particular problem is the final straw and sadly I will be cancelling my paid subscription and going back to physical guidebooks just to save me the stress. 

In reply to Martin Southville:

In the iOS app you can long press on a route cell in any route list to get options to open the crag or sector info for that route. This is coming soon to the android version. 

Long-press menus are somewhat hidden, but space is of a premium on mobile interfaces so that's the best we've come up with so far. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...