UKC

A 'collect and return' down cleaning service...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 14 Oct 2021

I have a down jacket to clean, and vaguely remember reading somebody posting about using this kind of service, but I can't find the Gear thread.

Does anybody either remember the post and poster, or know of the down cleaning service I mean? 

I'm not up for cleaning it myself, I've too many thinking I'm trying to juggle at the mo.

Many ta's.

Tim

Dave Todd 14 Oct 2021
In reply to Timmd:

I used these guys about 4 years ago on an old down jacket (after the sad demise of Franklyn's)

http://www.elitecleaningandaftercare.co.uk/

Their website claims a Franklyn's connection.  They did a good job on my jacket and (unexpectedly) one of their staff lived near S7 so dropped the cleaned jacket off at my house on the way home (but I wouldn't bank on everybody being offered that service - I was just lucky!)

Tringa 15 Oct 2021
In reply to Timmd:

The links given already look good but you asked for a 'collect and return' service and I think that might be the problem.

I don't think anywhere will collect your jacket; is there a reason you can't post it to a cleaning company?

Dave

nniff 15 Oct 2021
In reply to Timmd:

www.mountaineering-designs.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_CLEAN

They've done well for me in the past - cleaning sleeping bags, replacing zips etc.  First rate

OP Timmd 15 Oct 2021
In reply to Tringa:

There's no reason at all, it's just something which had somehow lodged in my mind.

I'll use the people connected to Franklins I reckon.

Ta to all.

In reply to Timmd:

Aren’t you a student at the moment? That entitles you to take all your laundry to your parents in a couple of bin liners once a term.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...