UKC

VIDEO: Teenage Rock Star - Mick Jagger Climbing at High Rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 18 Oct 2021

In a recent episode of the The Howard Stern Show, the American radio host asked The Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger about a video clip featuring a young Mick and his father Joe Jagger climbing at High Rocks, Tunbridge Wells. 

"I've watched that video of you with your father, the one when you were a little boy and you're climbing a rock," Stern says. "It's fascinating because it's so you, but it's just this little kid."

It's true: before he was a rock 'n' roll star on stage, a teenage Mick Jagger showed-off his moves on sandstone.

Read more

Shapeshifter 18 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

About 30 years ago we arrived at the St.Govans car park in Pembroke and were surprised to see a black limo parked there. As we were walking along the cliff top who should come walking past but Mick Jagger and some other guy (we assumed a minder) heading back to the car park. He had no gear and wasn’t dressed for climbing or walking so we assumed he had maybe just been to see the Chapel. In retrospect perhaps he had just soloed something tasty. 

Tom Valentine 18 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

I think I've seen a photo of Basil Fanshaw Jagger (Joe) climbing on what looks like Wimberry. He definitely lived in Greenfield for a time , as did his father, and taught PE at Hulme Grammar School in Oldham.

nikoid 19 Oct 2021
In reply to Shapeshifter:

I was at St Govans that day too. In May? I didn't see the limo but the weather was crap and we were sitting in the car and my mate suddenly said,  "heh look, it's  Mick Jagger". I just thought he meant it was someone who looked similar, but it really was him. I seem to remember hearing somewhere that he has family in the area.

Bulls Crack 19 Oct 2021
In reply to Shapeshifter:

Probably seeing if there were any Stones-themed route names about in order to sue for intellectual property theft. 

Martin Bennett 30 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC News:

I met Joe Jagger, and his wife, who's name escapes me, several times as he used to bring his P.E. students from St Mary's College, Twickenham to the centre I worked at in the early 1970s, not far from where this bit of film was taken, each year for a week's outdoor pursuits. A very nice man, clearly well thought of by his students.

Tom Valentine 30 Oct 2021
In reply to Martin Bennett:

His wife was called Eva

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...