UKC

October film thread

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Valentine 22 Oct 2021

Dune.

Everything I expected/wanted and a bit more. It will be a very hard act to follow ( and since it's subtitled Part One, I do expect a follow-on)

Slackboot 22 Oct 2021
In reply to Tom Valentine:

Yes. Really enjoyed it. Timothee Chalamet is a real talent. I enjoyed 'The King' too. 

Andy Clarke 22 Oct 2021

Yes, very good - although the score did shake a couple of my fillings loose.

OP Tom Valentine 23 Oct 2021
In reply to Andy Clarke:

Interesting comment. My main criticism of Bladerunner was that the sound was so intense that I lost a few sections of crucial dialogue. A similar thing with Dunkirk in the cinema, whereas watching it at home on TV had none of these problems.

Post edited at 00:23
 Sean Kelly 24 Oct 2021

> Interesting comment. My main criticism of Bladerunner was that the sound was so intense that I lost a few sections of crucial dialogue. A similar thing with Dunkirk in the cinema, whereas watching it at home on TV had none of these problems.

I've stopped going to the cinema precisely because of this. Too much volume appears to lessen the clarity of the spoken word  and at home I can knock on the sub-titles.

On a slightly different viewing format Netflix, really impressed with Korean drama My Name. Best thing for months!

OP Tom Valentine 24 Oct 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Glad to find someone who agrees. When I first mentioned it after Dunkirk I got the impression that some people thought it was  my hearing that was at fault.

Yes, I'm tempted by My Name. 

Paid extra on Amazon to watch Bob Odenkirk in Nobody and for the first half of the film I thought it was money well spent but it deteriorated into a John Wick type thing.

Sean Kelly 24 Oct 2021

My Name is scoring 98% on rotten tomatoes! Never seen that high a score.

Post edited at 19:34

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...