UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Trango Raptor Ice Tool

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 02 Nov 2021

The Raptor is our all-around ice and mixed tool. The grip is one-piece molded rubber for comfort, durability and reduced fatigue. The pick penetrates the hardest ice, cleans easily, and comes with removable weights for added versatility.

Read more

John1458 02 Nov 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

Looks like a good axe, no mention of a UK price or anyone in the UK that stocks them? 

Can't find anything else anywhere on the web! 

HeMa 02 Nov 2021
In reply to John1458:

I recall the Trango Raptor has been in sale in the US for years. At least I don't see any major changes on it... perhaps the pick is a bit different (and perhaps the pick weights, a'la Nomic are new'ish). But from the looks of it, the tool is the same that came out almost a decade ago...

https://weighmyrack.com/IceTool/Trango-Raptor

In reply to John1458:

Hey,

So we, Beta Outdoor Sports, are the UK distributor. We've just brought the Raptor into the UK so it will be heading into shops soon!

John1458 02 Nov 2021
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll just have to wait and see on the price when it turns up at some point in stores! 

DaveHK 03 Nov 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

Two rivets, it's not exactly rocket science is it? 

olddirtydoggy 16 Nov 2021

Would I be right in saying the Ice Factor up in Kinlochlevan are using these in their indoor wall?

In reply to olddirtydoggy:

They do have a set yes, Kev has been having a swing with them.

I'm going to join up some more dots, I've a feeling we were climbing next to each other in the Climbing Hanger a week or so back, I think you were paired up with the manager there, small world if I'm right.

Anyway, before this starts sounding a bit creepy, what I'm building up to is the posibility of getting my hands on a pair of these and taking them up to Rjukan early next year. Trango doesn't have a big slice of the UK and it should do. I've been in the states and their crag pack, tat knife and now it seems their axes look great. I think your place is just down the road from me on Broadfield?

HeMa 16 Nov 2021

Indeed. Their tat knife, or my favourite the nutkey with the same tat knife built in is stellar (as are BigBros for longer wide stuff).

You may indeed have had the misfortune of spotting me at the Hanger!! 

I'll send you a DM about getting a pair  

Hahaha, I saw that vid of you and Rob Greenwood talking about these axes and I was sat there for the duration thinking, "I've seen this bloke somewhere recently" Then that lightbulb moment. Many thanks.

Oh god I hate those videos Highlight of my year!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...