UKC

Lake district guide books

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mcdob 05 Nov 2021

Hi all,

I'm looking for a guide book to take to the lake district with me in January - something along the same lines at Mark Reeves' Snowdonia Mountain Walks and Scrambles would be perfect. Ideally would include summer scrambles and low-grade climbs alongside some easy winter routes. Anyone got any recommendations??

Thanks!

C Witter 05 Nov 2021
In reply to Mcdob:

You want mountain walks, scrambles, climbs and winter climbs in one book? I don't think you want one guide - probably several!

The classic (and cheap!) guide that's closest to to this is Scrambles & Easy Climbs in the Lake District by Sparks and Brown. It's organised around good mountain days out, but with individual routes separated, and it's very portable and usable with some good extra info. If you asked on UKC for good scrambles/easy mountain rock climbs in the Lakes, a lot of the popular suggestions you'd be given would match the itineraries suggested in it. 

Combine that with the Harvey's 1:40 mountain map and the Facebook Ground Conditions page and you'll have just about got everything you asked for

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...