UKC

peak lowballing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AlexMorris 21 Nov 2021

Managed to break both my ankles a little while ago, but up and walking again now and keen to get out and enjoy some time in the peak. Since I probably won't be confident falling onto my ankles for a wee while I was looking for some bum dragging gems to get stuck into. Anyone got any recommendations? Easy or hard, classic or esoteric, as long as it's close to the ground and has some interesting moves then I'm keen

Post edited at 13:57
 zb1 21 Nov 2021
In reply to AlexMorris:

Smallfield

Impossible to get much lower on a couple of the problems in smallfield dale. Unless you want to take up caving.

TonyB 09 Dec 2021
In reply to AlexMorris:

I realise that this is a very old post. I'm sorry to hear about your ankles. It's not in the Peak, but Cademan Wood in Leicestershire has a lot of lowballing. I like it as it's local, and fun. But some of it beggars belief at how low it is.

mrphilipoldham 09 Dec 2021
In reply to AlexMorris:

Blackstone Edge and it’s lifetime worth of lowballs and good landings was made for those recovering from broken ankles. 

steveriley 09 Dec 2021
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

Don't tell em the name Pike! Blackstone is a gem of a place and people would be all over it, were it in the Peak. Indeed much of Lancashire Bouldering redefines lowballing (and is all the better for it). One of the craziest problems I've done (at Cows Mouth) finishes at head height.

afx22 09 Dec 2021
In reply to AlexMorris:

There’s plenty of lowball stuff at Stanage Far Right and Burbage North / West / Bridge.

Graeme Hammond 09 Dec 2021
In reply to AlexMorris:

Burbage South Valley Boulders have quite a few fairly short and above good landings. The The Walnut (f6C) at Baslow would be worth a look. At the secret garden Secret Garden Traverse (f6B) as well as a some of the up problems might be of interest and finally Keyhole Traverse 1 (f6C) and its extensions at Millstone

ChrisBrooke 10 Dec 2021

The Terrace (f7C)

Zippy's Traverse (f7B)

Steep Traverse (f6C)

Captain Hook (f7B)

Hamper's Hang (f7A)

A Case of Mistaken Identity (f7B)

Made in Sheffield (f7A+)

There are a few classics where height isn’t really an issue. 
edit. Just checked your profile. You’ve probably done all/most of these. 

Post edited at 00:05
 Offwidth 10 Dec 2021
In reply to AlexMorris:

Skimming through your logbook I'd say try the southern peak (Froggatt and Roaches guide stuff) .... almost every venue has quality lowballs. Also you are probably better off specifying what you most enjoy and asking that on the other channel.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...