UKC

Booster jab experience

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 28 Nov 2021

Got mine Friday. From inputting my details to getting jagged, I’d say two minutes. None of this sitting down malarkey either, apart from the post jag wait, which is when they gave me the info sheet to read. No wonder they’re doing so many. Top work. 

ranger*goy 28 Nov 2021
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

They made me sit for 15 mins yesterday. Had the aches all night and most of today. I’m just starting to feel a bit better.

broken spectre 28 Nov 2021

AZ - AZ - Pfizer

Been pretty lucky and negligible effects from any of 'em.

petemeads 28 Nov 2021

No hassle at all, and no ill effects both self and wife. Very efficient.

Hooo 28 Nov 2021
In reply to broken spectre:

It's funny how variable it is. I had AZ AZ and just got a Pfizer booster. I felt really crap after both the AZs, but felt nothing apart from a sore arm after the Pfizer. I felt really crap after my flu jab too, I've been having them for years and never had any reaction before.

RobAJones 28 Nov 2021

Very efficient, as we're the first two. I was allowed to have mine 30 minutes early so Mrs J didn't have to wait after having hers. No side effects for either of us (Pfizer) this time. Mrs J did have a reaction to the first AZ jab 

Myfyr Tomos 28 Nov 2021

An hour ago. AZ, AZ and Pfizer. Really busy at the Blaenau Ffestiniog Health Centre. Ordered to sit down for 15 minutes in a very draughty corridor/waiting room after the jab. Great banter and leg pulling - at school with most of the crowd. A social occasion. 😊

Post edited at 17:53
 lithos 28 Nov 2021

as far as im aware all boosters are Pfizer.

I had mine on friday and got the flujab same time. really sore arm but nothing more (as yet!).  very easy - as were my 2 previous

not much reation to the Az - apart from sore arm, and i can stll feel with some dicomfort the site of the 1st Az (well masked now by sore arm from booster)

RobAJones 28 Nov 2021
In reply to lithos:

> as far as im aware all boosters are Pfizer.

I think the majority are, but I do know some people who have had a Moderna booster 

profitofdoom 28 Nov 2021

No effects at all from the booster shot, either me or Mrs Profitofdoom (apart from a sore arm)

Glad you had a good experience. We're going as fast as we can! Thus far I've done over 400 hours of vaccinating at clinics and home visits. I'm in danger of being getting back in the permanent nursing register😳

Si dH 28 Nov 2021
In reply to RobAJones:

> I think the majority are, but I do know some people who have had a Moderna booster 

My mum and Aunt both had Moderna a couple of weeks ago. They live in a similar part of the country but different towns and vaccination centres. They both had double AZ first time around.

Post edited at 18:28
 Dax H 28 Nov 2021

Mrs, Az, Az, Pz no ill effects.

Buisines partner the same but after the Pz he was rough as a dog for 48 hours. Actually took time off work for the first time ever.

Got my booster a week on Friday at 0730. I will let you know.  

Niall_H 28 Nov 2021
In reply to RobAJones:

Yup: my booster was the Moderna one.

3 days on, I've still got some tenderness at the injection site, but the shoulder and neck muscle pain has passed

deepsoup 28 Nov 2021

I had mine last week.  AZ, AZ, Moderna in my case.

I had a bit of a hangover the day after both AZ jabs, so wanted to pick my time (while still getting it done ASAP) and just nipped to my local walk-in when the time was right.

It was a highly efficient operation with lovely people running the show.  They assumed I'd also be having a flu shot, which I've never bothered with before but if ever there's a good winter for the first time this seems to be it, so I had Moderna in the right arm, flu in the left.

True to form I did feel a bit rough the following day, but just a mild hangover really - a headache, some other aches and a bit of fatigue.  I could have gone to work if I'd needed to, but was glad I'd chosen the right day to get the jab(s) and didn't have to.

Also, somewhat strangely, very swollen lymph nodes under both arms for a couple of days.  (The one on the Moderna side taking slightly longer to return to normal.)  That was a bit alarming at first and then strangely reassuring, rightly or wrongly I decided to take that as a sign of a healthy immune system cranking up into overdrive.

In reply to Deleated bagger:

You guys are doing are bloody brilliant job. 

Bingers 28 Nov 2021

AZ, AZ, Moderna - in Bradford.  Painful arm 12 hours later but had worn off after 36 hours.  Generally felt a bit crap the day after, but okay now.

Ready to take on the Omnium variant now or whatever its called.  I'm going to live forever!

Tony Buckley 28 Nov 2021

Had mine a few weeks back.  Slept for ten hours that night and woke up feeling like I had a hangover.  Otherwise, no worries.

T.

Wimlands 28 Nov 2021
In reply to Tony Buckley:

I must be a bit of a lightweight…had mine yesterday and have spent today feeling pretty poorly…I would not of wanted to work.

Hopefully be fine tomorrow.

Tony Buckley 28 Nov 2021
In reply to Wimlands:

Looked at more positively, it's a sign that your immune system is working.

Which is very good, all things considered.

T.

lithos 28 Nov 2021
In reply to RobAJones:

oops thank you.  i should have said mRNA my bad.

Dax H 28 Nov 2021
In reply to Wimlands:

> I must be a bit of a lightweight…had mine yesterday and have spent today feeling pretty poorly…I would not of wanted to work.

> Hopefully be fine tomorrow.

That's exactly why mine is booked for early on a Friday. I'm a real lightweight with man flu so if the booster gets me I have the weekend to get over it. 

Hey everyone  were you contacted to book in or did you have to be proactive?

I had my second jab June 26th and will be 46 years old in two weeks. Not sure if I need to contact or not.

Jenny C 29 Nov 2021
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Book online, no need to wait to be invited. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/...

ranger*goy 29 Nov 2021

I booked online but ended up cancelling when my surgery sent a text and I got an appointment 2 weeks earlier. I did have to keep checking though and managed to bag one for the next day which just popped up. Round here people are having to wait 2-3 weeks for an appointment.

ranger*goy 29 Nov 2021
In reply to Dax H:

I’ve felt crap all weekend and haven’t slept well. Feel like a zombie this morning.

digby 29 Nov 2021

Not Pfizer which I had first time round but can't remember what I did get. Extremely rapid stabbing in both arms (flu too), and surprisingly no day after pain or other symptoms. Also surprised that there was no pre injection sterile wipe.
Let's hope the new omigod variant is as non serious as some reports now suggest.

In reply to Jenny C:

Thanks

deepsoup 29 Nov 2021

I had a text from 'NHSvaccine' a week or so before I was eligible asking me to book an appointment, but in the end it was easier just to go to a walk-in centre on spec when I had the time.

You're eligible to book an appointment now (because you're over 40 and it's more than 5 months since your second jab), but as it stands your appointment would have to be at least 6 months after your second jab.  (So after Christmas.)

It looks like that six-month gap might be getting made shorter soon, I think there's some sort of announcement due later today, in which case you could be eligible a bit sooner.  (Immediately after the announcement I guess if they drop the 6 months to 5.)

If so, I'd probably just go and get a walk-in jab asap.  Which is basically what I did.  I was expecting a bit of a hangover, good call as it turned out, so chose to get mine the day before a day when I could afford to take it easy and sleep it off.

If an opportunity presents, you can get a walk-in at any time even if you do have an appointment booked - you just get the jab and cancel the appointment.

In reply to deepsoup:

Thanks for this. I dont think I have a walk-in centre near me and the earliest appointment I could get is 4th Jan. Is there a national register of walk-in centres.

Tringa 29 Nov 2021
In reply to deepsoup:

When Mrs Tringa and I had our boosters it took about 20mins, including the 15min sit at the end. The booster was Pfizer whereas the first two jabs were AZ. The only difference was our arms felt a bit sore(like having a small bruise) for a few days after the booster; there was no effect from the first two jabs.

The organisation att he centre we went to was excellent.

Dave

fred99 29 Nov 2021
In reply to Tringa:

I had the Pfizer as a booster after Astra Zenica for the first two.

Felt rough after all three (following 24 hours was grotty each time), but only had real shoulder pain after the booster.

Even had a 24 hour "flu" feeling after the flu jab - which I only had this time because of Covid.

I do hope this doesn't become too regular an occurrence, or I'm going to be planning for 24 hours of feeling dreadful every time.

Myfyr Tomos 29 Nov 2021
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

Upper arm is a bit sore but have felt fine since the jab, tea time yesterday. 

wercat 29 Nov 2021
In reply to Hooo:

Flu like reaction overnight after AZ1 at 9am that day, gone by 10am next day.

Sore arm but not much else from AZ2 apart perhaps from a bit of fatigue and one or two twinges in joints for a day or two.

Flu & Pneumovax the same day a month ago made me feel under par for several days with aches and pains and tiredness - never had the Pneumo so blaming that.

Moderna Booster last Wed - Tender arm till Sunday and general tiredness, aches and fatigue till Sunday morning.

Trangia 29 Nov 2021

Had the Pfizer booster about a month ago. The actual jab actually hurt a bit, unlike the first two which I hardly felt at all. Otherwise no reaction afterwards. No aching nor soreness in my arm, and felt fine in myself with no feeling rough or anything.

wercat 29 Nov 2021
In reply to lithos:

not enough Pfizer or record cards at Penrith Auction Mart - Moderna

wife got Pfizer at the hospital site

don't mind my reactions - proves to me the vaccine is stimulating something at least - but I don't know if I've ever had so many jabs in one year before.

Post edited at 17:04
 wercat 29 Nov 2021
In reply to Niall_H:

I got the shoulder and neck stuff too among other aches but nothing was particularly bad - enough to make me a bit less active for a few days, wife was off work in bed for a couple of days after Boost-Pfizer

Wimlands 29 Nov 2021
In reply to Dax H:

I was at work today, not 100% but good enough.  So laid me low for only 24 hours…so hopefully you’ll be fine.

Post edited at 18:31

They cancelled mine day before it was due by phone. Told me to book online, which offers no appointments at all. 

AllanMac 30 Nov 2021
In reply to lithos:

Pfizer-Pfizer- with Moderna booster here.

Mrs Mac had a sore arm for a few days. No soreness for me, but the next evening I suddenly felt unusually cold, feverish and shivery. A couple of hours in bed to warm up, and I was back to normal.

Sherlock 30 Nov 2021
In reply to JJ Krammerhead III:

AZ 1+2 slightly sore arm at injection site. Certainly no biggie.

Flu jab felt fine

Pfizer booster fine, not even soreness.

Phone call from local GP surgery inviting me to book there and then. Really efficient.

NW Highlands also. No idea why our experience seems so different.

Yanis Nayu 30 Nov 2021
In reply to Bingers:

> AZ, AZ, Moderna - in Bradford.  Painful arm 12 hours later but had worn off after 36 hours.  Generally felt a bit crap the day after, but okay now.

> Ready to take on the Omnium variant now or whatever its called.  I'm going to live forever!

Does it give you a bit of each symptom?

The New NickB 30 Nov 2021

Just doing my 15 minute post jab wait.

Pfizer - Pfizer - Moderna

All I can say so far is that the guy in the pharmacy at my local ASDA wields a needle with less elan than the nurses at Salford Royal.

Pfizer booster for me was fine at time except for excessive bleeding at site of jab (happened with first AZ also, but not second AZ). 8 hours later, chills, shivering, sore arms and neck, headache, general feeling unwell which lasted the whole of the next day (probably more due to lack of sleep the first night).

In comparison, first AZ I felt unwell very quickly for a few hours, and distrusted sleep first night, otherwise after that only a general fatigue for the next day. Second AZ, nothing! No side effects at all.

Must say the staff for the booster were highly professional and had the process managed extremely well despite the stress and strains they must have been through in last 20 months. A credit to our NHS.

Ive had a bit of time on my hands over the last 24 hours and made the mistake of reading the comments against govt booster and mask announcements on Tw*tter and FB. My god, the weirdos, deckchair scientists, and faux rebels are proliferating like crazy. 

Its quite shocking.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...