UKC

Lack of smaller climbing shoe sizes? 5.10 etc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gemmazrobo 15 Dec 2021

I’ve noticed that with the new(ish) generation of their climbing shoes they no longer make smaller sizes? 3.5uk/eu36 seems to be the smallest even in their performance oriented shoe. Does anyone know why this may be???

Anasazi’s, dragons, hiangles etc all used to go to at least a uk 2/eu34!

Does anyone know if it’s just the UK/US market? As this intuitively seems not so compatible with a large chunk of the asian market of performance athletes?!

As it also seemed impossible to get any of the older styles in anything below 3.5 this in any of the end of line climbing shops sales or even txmaxx for quite some time(well over a year)

Unparalleled up would be the solution but seems to be similar with uk3 (only in some models) the max and appears most people are downsizing 1/2 notches.

I loved Anasazis lv and pinks in a eu35 and now niads or Mocs 2 sizes up from that just doesn’t cut it  

Any input would be greatly appreciated! 

In reply to Gemmazrobo:

Tenaya go down to a size 1 (Oasi LV) and we have stock in the UK.

Other models down to a 2!

farhi 16 Dec 2021
In reply to Gemmazrobo:

You might have already ruled this out but it might be worth trying the smallest sizes available if you haven't done so already.  The new models are significantly tighter than they used to be.  Maybe not two sizes though!

MischaHY 16 Dec 2021
In reply to Gemmazrobo:

Sportiva go down to EU33 so plenty of options for you there 👌

Mical 16 Dec 2021
In reply to Gemmazrobo:

Probably different to most but I found the Anasazi pinks a lot smaller than the size given.I am normally 10 or 11 street shoe. Usually same for climbing shoe. I tried a pair of pinks size 12 and found them to be as tight a fit as my other climbing shoes.🤔🤔🤔🤔 The 10 I could not get my foot in and an 11 was absolutely crippling, toes not just bent but  bloody deformed. So strangely the 12 feels absolutely correct. Toes slight bend and no slackness in shoe and fit like a glove 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 Might be worth trying some out in the shop.👍

Post edited at 11:54
 Charloam 16 Dec 2021
In reply to Gemmazrobo:

Ditto other commenters. I'm 41.5 in sportiva, 42.5 in scarpa, 43 street size, and I picked up some pinks in 44 and dragons in 44.5... They fit fine

Sealwife 16 Dec 2021
In reply to Gemmazrobo:

Totally get where you are coming from.  I also have very small feet (street shoe size 3.5/36).

Trying on in an actual shop doesn’t usually work as they rarely have more than one model in my size.  Only time I have ever had the luxury of trying on loads of different models was in Roxstar climbing shop in Tenerife - they had a fantastic selection and I ended up with Tenaya Inti in a 2.5

Scarpa go down to at least a 3/35.5 in some models.  I’m currently using Arpias in a 3 and they are neat enough to be happy to take them off at the end of a session.

Unfortunately I think it’s a case of trying on lots of pairs in the smallest sizes available and being prepared to send lots back, unless you are lucky enough to live somewhere near a shop which stocks a good range in your size.  Or do a trip to Tenerife

Russell Lovett 18 Dec 2021
In reply to Gemmazrobo:

Not climbing shoes, but I have trouble finding mens walking boots. I'm a size 6 and have found that in the last 5 years a lot of the big name brands now start for men at size 7. Have had to resort to buying womens boots to fit my dainty balarena size small feet, not that that's a real problem as they are just as well made.

henwardian 18 Dec 2021
In reply to Mical:

> Probably different to most but I found the Anasazi pinks a lot smaller than the size given.I am normally 10 or 11 street shoe. Usually same for climbing shoe. I tried a pair of pinks size 12 and found them to be as tight a fit as my other climbing shoes.🤔🤔🤔🤔 The 10 I could not get my foot in and an 11 was absolutely crippling, toes not just bent but  bloody deformed. So strangely the 12 feels absolutely correct. Toes slight bend and no slackness in shoe and fit like a glove 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 Might be worth trying some out in the shop.👍

Weird. I'm normally a size 12/13 and often used to even have size 14 shoes and I find a size 11 in the pinks fits perfectly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...