UKC

Christmas cat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BusyLizzie 30 Dec 2021

This is my daughter's cat, who has come to stay with us while they are away for xmas. She's been here a week, she's going home this afternoon, and this morning for the first time she went to sleep on my arm in the armchair. Purrrrrr....

Dax H 30 Dec 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Nice looking cat, whatever you do don't move. As a veteran of many cats over the years trying to move when they sleep on you always ends in claws meets skin. 

Trangia 30 Dec 2021
In reply to Dax H:

> Nice looking cat, whatever you do don't move. As a veteran of many cats over the years trying to move when they sleep on you always ends in claws meets skin. 

Even more dangerous if you try and move her when she is washing! Ow!

Dax H 30 Dec 2021
In reply to Trangia:

Good point.

The only way to be safe is to never try move a cat and hope if they decide to sit on you that your bladder can out last theirs and nothing startles them at all. 

wercat 30 Dec 2021
In reply to Dax H:

> Nice looking cat, whatever you do don't move. As a veteran of many cats over the years trying to move when they sleep on you always ends in claws meets skin. 

or, even worse, a look of reproach that tortures your soul with guilt longer than any scratches "I'd thought you better than to do that to me ...."

Post edited at 11:44
 ThunderCat 30 Dec 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

It's even better when they jump on your lap, spend an hour faffing around padding, walking in circles, digging in claws...and then finally decide to lie down and sleep JUST at the moment you need to get up to do something

flatlandrich 30 Dec 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

We acquired our first (and last) family cat when I was in my late teens, a tiny kitten that had most likely been dumped and was brought to us out of some undergrowth by the family spaniel. Our new arrival obviously knew which side it's bread was buttered and soon made itself at home. Up to that point I'd never considered what would happen if you opened a can of beer whilst they were asleep on your lap. Apparently vertical take off is possible.

FactorXXX 30 Dec 2021
In reply to flatlandrich:

>  Up to that point I'd never considered what would happen if you opened a can of beer whilst they were asleep on your lap. Apparently vertical take off is possible.

Did you spill any?

flatlandrich 30 Dec 2021
In reply to FactorXXX:

Not because of the cat, he was out of sight before the initial 'psssssch' had finished but the laughter that followed might have caused a momentary loss of beer control. 

We thought the noise might of sounded like another cat hissing.  

Maggot 30 Dec 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Nice cat. I love black cats, got 3.

The 11 year old ex Tom, who is my namesake, 4 yo girly and her 4 mo laddie, who hasn't got a white hair on him and is totally adorable ! 😻😻😻

Yanis Nayu 30 Dec 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Awww, like my cat Womble from when I was a kid 🥰

Lankyman 30 Dec 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

All my cats have considered it an honour (for me) that they have chosen my lap to occupy. My ex's cat has taken a year to bestow this privilege upon me. Each time I've shown up it's usually been with sliced chicken or turkey so he's eventually decided I am worthy.

FactorXXX 30 Dec 2021
In reply to flatlandrich:

> We thought the noise might of sounded like another cat hissing.  

Or a can of Brewdog? 🐶🐕🙀

squarepeg 30 Dec 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Maybe the cat doesn't like poncey craft beer? 

Post edited at 22:26
OP BusyLizzie 31 Dec 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

The cat has now gone home

mountainbagger 31 Dec 2021
In reply to squarepeg:

> Maybe the cat doesn't like poncey craft beer? 

I don't know, but my cat is certainly a crafty pouncer

andyb211 01 Jan 2022
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Marmite says Happy New Year : )

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...