UKC

Go Pro Gimbal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bojo 04 Jan 2022

I've been experimenting with stabilization software for my GoPro clips but am far from happy about the performance.

I'm starting to think in terms of a gimbal many of which are way, way outside my budget and are probably aimed at professionals.

However, browsing this morning, I came across this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stabilizer-Camera-Handheld-Control-SonyRX0/dp/B07K...

Has anyone on UKC got one - or any sort of gimbal? I'd appreciate any advice or ideas before committing.

Thanks.

OP Bojo 04 Jan 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Bump

wilkesley 04 Jan 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Which GoPro do you have? The built in stabilization on my GoPro 9 is fine, even when mounted on my bike's handlebars.

OP Bojo 04 Jan 2022
In reply to wilkesley:

> Which GoPro do you have? The built in stabilization on my GoPro 9 is fine, even when mounted on my bike's handlebars.

I've got the GoPro 8 but haven't used the in built stabilization as I'd heard it uses a lot of battery power.

wilkesley 04 Jan 2022
In reply to Bojo:

I haven't noticed any difference on my 9. In any case, letting the GoPro do the stabilization is a lot less effort than trying to do it yourself!

OP Bojo 04 Jan 2022
In reply to wilkesley:

> I haven't noticed any difference on my 9. In any case, letting the GoPro do the stabilization is a lot less effort than trying to do it yourself!

I'm assuming the same would apply by using a gimbal

Ciro 04 Jan 2022
In reply to Bojo:

I have a 9, and the in built stabilisation is top drawer.

I like gimbals (have one for my phone), and there are reasons to have one outside of just stabilisation (such as moving time lapse) but I wouldn't spend £100 just to add another item that has to be charged and can be broken into the chain, if all you're looking for is a feature you've already got.

Easier and cheaper to carry a spare battery. 

jethro kiernan 04 Jan 2022
In reply to Ciro:

I have a go pro gimbal I would be willing to sell

John 05 Jan 2022
In reply to Bojo:

I had a REMOVU S1.

https://removu.com/s1/

It was very good. But inconvenient. Even mounted to a ski pole without the handle. The electronic stabilization in the new go pros looks almost as good. You'd need some very demanding use to require a gimble over the electronic in the new ones. 

Post edited at 12:36

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...