UKC

Search Engine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bojo 20 Jan 2022

A few days ago I had to uninstal/reinstal Firefox. Prior to doing so, if I went into Firefox to do a search, there was a means - by clicking on "Tools" near the top of the Google results page - whereby you could choose UK results. I now seem to have lost that function. If I now click on "Tools" I only now get options under "Any time" and "All results" neither of which allow me to choose "UK". I've looked all through settings etc but can find no means of setting the defaults to "...co.uk"

Can anyone help me please? Thanks

Sir Chasm 20 Jan 2022
In reply to Mypyrex:

Have you tried googling?

LastBoyScout 20 Jan 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Interesting, as I've got a similar issue with Firefox - it always uses google.COM to search and I can't find any way of changing that to default to google.CO.UK.

I can't find anything in settings to allow this - I just have to edit the address bar every time.

OP Bojo 20 Jan 2022
In reply to LastBoyScout:

> Interesting, as I've got a similar issue with Firefox - it always uses google.COM to search and I can't find any way of changing that to default to google.CO.UK.

> I can't find anything in settings to allow this - I just have to edit the address bar every time.

Certainly sounds similar. I'm no whizz-kid on this sort of thing but I did read that it's possibly to do with ones IP address. It's quite infuriating

CurlyStevo 20 Jan 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Just add UK to the end of your search text.

dread-i 20 Jan 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Enter into the search box

about:preferences#search

Or settings/search

Set your default search engine. I use duckduckgo.com, all the features of google, but without the tracking.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...