UKC

Anyone in/near Whitby able to do a favour?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Moacs 27 Jan 2022

Long shot, but you never know...

Does anyone here live near/in Whitby...and be willing to pick up and store a piece of machinery until the summer?

Some folk are moving away and selling a small cabinet saw (it's aluminium not cast iron).  It's spares/repairs so going in a skip unless sold.  I have renovated two of them previously and it'd be a tragedy if it got binned.

I'm in Whitby on holiday in July, but the people need it gone by 7 February...so it needs a corner of garage or shed for 6 months.

A combination of alcohol, money, and karma available!

Bottom Clinger 27 Jan 2022
In reply to Moacs:

This blokes always looking for a cabinet in Whitby.  I have his number, pm me. 

Dax H 28 Jan 2022
In reply to Moacs:

Not that much of a long shot, just bad timing for me, had you posted this 2 weeks ago when we had a day trip to whitby I would have picked it up and brought it back to Leeds. It would be easy to collect on your trip home.

I'm working the next 2 weekends though and due to the amount of jewelry shops there unless the Mrs really gets on my case it will be a while before we go back. 

OP Moacs 28 Jan 2022
In reply to Dax H:

Ah well!

I've never been to Whitby before, but the description isn't encouraging!

OP Moacs 28 Jan 2022
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Hehehe.

Do magicians still cut people in half? What would happen?

Dax H 28 Jan 2022
In reply to Moacs:

It's a nice little seaside town but there is a excess of Jewelry shops, mostly owned by the owner of the shop at the bottom of the stairs to the a by, Hammond but if you look round there are some good independent ones if that's your thing. 

Iamgregp 28 Jan 2022
In reply to Dax H:

Whitby used to be a regular family day out when I was a kid, trip to the beach, have a mooch about town, climb the steps to the Abbey and see if you could count the correct number to the top (never could), go to the joke shop and buy catapults, fart gas, silly string or some other novelty gag then Fish and Chips at the Magpie Cafe.  Glorious.

Dax H 28 Jan 2022
In reply to Iamgregp:

All of that except the Magpie chip shop. I'm buggered if I'm going to queue for up to a hour for fish and chips when there are (I think) 18 other chip shops in Whitby

Iamgregp 28 Jan 2022
In reply to Dax H:

Yeah there was always a queue out the door!  Never seemed to take that long though, even to the a hungry 8 year old...

Cracking Fish and Chips, but I'm sure there some other good ones too!

deepsoup 28 Jan 2022
In reply to Moacs:

I might have been able to help another time too, but not in the next couple of weeks I'm afraid. :-|

Whitby is the subject of Mark Steel's latest 'in town' if anyone is interested btw.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0012glr

Kryank 29 Jan 2022
In reply to Moacs:

Hi mate,

where do you live? I may be going up to robin hoods bay next weekend, and could fetch it back to Wakefield / South Yorkshire. 

OP Moacs 29 Jan 2022
In reply to Kryank:

Thanks for this; very kind.

I live well south...but my son lives in Sheffield; might you be able to get it to there?  His car is teeny so not really an option for him to go and get it.  Or I could pick up from Wakefield/wherever when we visit him.

deepsoup 29 Jan 2022
In reply to Moacs:

If it came to that there's a pretty decent chance I could get it from Wakefield to your son's place in Sheff in mid-Feb.  (I definitely could towards the end of the month.)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...