UKC

VIDEO: Rise - Delyth's Story

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 07 Feb 2022

Rise tells the story of Delyth, a climber from Snowdonia who struggles with a Functional Neurological Disorder. A condition where she experiences episodic loss and control of her mind and body which has resulted in collapsing from non-epileptic seizures.

Delyth regularly climbs in the slate quarries, which have provided her with physical and mental strength, to grow and overcome this challenge in her life.

Read more

Delyth 07 Feb 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Thanks for the feature

BALD EAGLE 07 Feb 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Beautifully filmed with some great shots and sounds of Dinorwig Quarry, whilst hats off to Delyth for telling her story!

Cheers

Dave

Delyth 07 Feb 2022
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Thanks Dave

Myfyr Tomos 07 Feb 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Gwych iawn. Diolch Delyth.

Chris_Mellor 07 Feb 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Left you wanting more. Neat little video.

Niall Grimes 07 Feb 2022
In reply to Delyth:

that was great

Delyth 08 Feb 2022
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

Diolch

Delyth 08 Feb 2022
In reply to Chris_Mellor:

Thanks Chris  

Delyth 08 Feb 2022
In reply to Niall Grimes:

Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 08 Feb 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Beautiful film Delyth, and so much of it will ring true for other suffering mental health issues.

Personally I have lived with depression for years and since lockdown have been having anxiety attacks too. Rock climbing is my and many other peoples therapy as well, at times it feels way more effective than the anti-depressants that generally keep me off the floor. But like you, climbing allows me to escape those thoughts and feelings as I am forced to focus 100% on the climbing.

Thank you for telling your story, you are so brave.

In reply to UKC News:

I'm a bit late to the party here, but as per all other comments - that really was fantastic.

There was a lovely use of both darkness and light, both in terms of the issues being discussed and how it was shot. Stunning, honest and humbling on all levels. I came close to crying at several points!!

Delyth 08 Feb 2022
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Thank you for these words Rob, like many others they are spurring me on. The last few days have felt deeply uncomfortable to be honest!! Thanks again  

Mick Ward 08 Feb 2022
In reply to Delyth:

Be strong!

Had a girlfriend called Delyth, back in the '70s. An eternity ago. From Treorchy, in the Rhondda. Still love your (and her) name. Will always love it. 

An inspiring film. 

Be strong.

Mick 

philipivan 08 Feb 2022
In reply to Delyth:

Loved the film Delyth, all the best to you and to Mark R below, we met many years back!

Ger_the_gog 08 Feb 2022
In reply to UKC News:

That was a very touching story and a beautifully produced film. 

In Welsh we have a saying that Delyth is probably familiar with and I'm sure everyone can relate to, to some extent at least:

"Lle I enaid gael llonydd".

(A place for the soul to find stillness.)

We're very lucky to have so many beautiful places up this way but there's no doubt that Dinorwig is one of the most stunning and unusual. I'll be passing by there soon while walking the Slate Trail (something to help me in my own little personal battle) and hope to climb there again later in the year. 

Thanks for sharing your story, Delyth.

PS can we hear Derek the weatherman if there's a "part 2" please?

John Foster 09 Feb 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Really great. Inspiring.

In reply to Delyth:

I suffer from a Neurological condition called Dyspraxia and I also climb.

In reply to John Foster:

Too right.

In reply to UKC News:

Lovely film

DAVETHOMAS90 16 Mar 2022
In reply to UKC News:

That's so beautifully and richly conveyed. Thanks both

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...