UKC

UV photo printing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

and artistic license. Everyday is a learning day!

Today stopped into a cafe for a coffee. This place has displayed for sale for years photos of a photographer and I like to have a look at them when passing. On display today were some saying UV printed, stated as don’t need protection, suitable for indoor/outdoor hanging and scratch resistant. Never heard of UV printing before so did a search on web. Interesting.

Also, I noticed quite a few photos that must have been photoshopped or equivalent - Black Rock Cottage in Glencoe (photographer claimed it was that in another photo scene also on display) was in a green flat land scene, three photos had an impossibly large sized moon, in improbable position in relation to the other infrastructure in the scene! Previously, I had seen starry skies/Milky Way in photos which I always had doubts they were real; makes me think now that they probably weren’t, given current offerings.

Suppose artistic license in their photos may help to sell more; each to their own. Personally, I prefer “genuine” scenes.

Post edited at 18:18
 crayefish 17 Feb 2022
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

'Post edited at 18:18'... how do we know your post is genuine and not overly edited? 

Unfortunately we have got to the point where many people aren't impressed by real photos anymore.  They aren't surprised easily enough in the modern age.  People seem to need everything impossibly photoshopped, whether it's landscape photos or airbrushed instagram models.

Same goes for manh things, such as films; hard to find a modern Holywood that isn't riddled with cars that do a triple flip and explode when hit by a small rock, etc.

In reply to crayefish:

Ha the edit was probably because of auto correct taking over, or just my mistakes in spelling. I often fail to see errors as my brain ”knows” what it should say.

It’s up to individuals I suppose to choose and can’t blame a photographer producing photos that they think will sell. I do look at some and wonder why though; just my preference as I like to see photos as an accurate representation of what it was like to see at the time within reason of course. There is no doubt though that in some situations it can be desirable, say, wedding photos with something distracting in background, to be photoshopped.

With films, I don’t mind extreme things as when I watch most films, I do so not expecting much them to be real as it’s entertainment largely. Different if factual or similar films when I usually take them to be as true as possible.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...