UKC

Tafraout car hire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 20 Feb 2022

Hi

Any reason to get a 4 x4? 

I'm mainly interested in accessing the longer routes. 

Thanks 

Strife 20 Feb 2022
In reply to David Coley:

I was there in 2017 and managed with a small 2 wheel drive rental. Picked the cheapest option. Went pretty much everywhere, although it was certainly interesting at times. It added to the adventure.

I think a lot of the roads have been upgraded in the last couple of years. You'll be fine without a 4x4.

spenser 20 Feb 2022
In reply to David Coley:

The main area mentioned in this discussion historically was the Samazar valley, however I believe that much of this road was tarmaced in the winter prior to COVID's arrival. The most up to date info will likely come from Paul/ Emma/ Steve, or the carpet man in tafraout (I can't remember his name, I think his contact details are in Steve's books).

iainJ 20 Feb 2022
In reply to David Coley:

Been a few times and never had problems with the cheapest  2wd - fiat pandas etc, most of the roads are fairly narrow concrete.

sheelba 21 Feb 2022
In reply to David Coley:

We drove the Samazer just prior to it being tarmaced and it was a breeze compared to how it used to be. If you are a nervous driver a 4x4 may be reassuring at times but as this thread and previous ones suggest not necessary

OP David Coley 21 Feb 2022

Thanks everyone

TurnipPrincess 22 Feb 2022
In reply to David Coley:

I had a little Fiat Panda in Morocco and drove it on dirt tracks and stuff. It was great fun! Now on every holiday I am hoping to get Panda again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...