UKC

Costa Blanca advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chloe 01 Mar 2022

Hi All,

It's been years since I last climbed in Costa Blanca, using the old Rockfax Guidebook. From doing a little research, it seems that the area has since been developed with more crags which don't feature in the book. I see there is the new book Costa Blanca Climbs but can't seem to see it for sale in the UK? I'm looking to book a trip end of September/beginning of October.

Does anyone have some advice on best crags in the area please? (Climbs ranging from 6b-8a sport). Or any websites I can find some more info/topos on?

Where would be a good base to stay now?

Any new advice/experience would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Mark Eddy 01 Mar 2022
In reply to Chloe:

Hi Chloe,

I think the book shop in Calpe stocks the new guide and the Orange House may have copies.

Loads of new development at Sella, Gandia, and around Busot to name a few.

A reasonable mid-way point between the many crags would be the Calpe/Altea area.

A new multi-activity guide should be out in time for you visit: Costa Blanca Mountain Adventures. Preview available on Amazon now.

HTH

Mark

Post edited at 16:13
 auld al 01 Mar 2022
In reply to Mark Eddy:

Added to my shopping list, look forward to it.

Alan

Cobra_Head 01 Mar 2022
In reply to Mark Eddy:

Not much of a preview!

Mark Eddy 01 Mar 2022
In reply to auld al:

Thanks Alan

Mark Eddy 01 Mar 2022
In reply to Cobra_Head:

Ha ha, yeh fair enough. There'll be more to come soon

climberchristy 01 Mar 2022
In reply to Chloe:

I've just come back from C Blanca. I bought the new Roberto Lopez guide book in the bookshop in Calpe.

https://www.libreria-europa-calpe.com

The guide book is  great and has loads of new crags. 

As for places to stay ... Calpe. Lots of cheap accommodation, good cheap restaurants etc, very well located to visit lots of great crags. 

Cobra_Head 02 Mar 2022
In reply to Mark Eddy:

> Ha ha, yeh fair enough. There'll be more to come soon

Hurry up

Looks interesting.

dominic o 04 Mar 2022
In reply to Chloe:

We've just had a few weeks on the Blanca - we've been visiting for over 30 years but I had 17 post-its in the new CB guide which were either new or the first published topo (and that's just the crags with routes we could do!) We got our copy from Climb-Europe.

We didn't get to all 17, but here are some blog posts from a dozen or so of the new venues.

https://rockaroundtheworld.co.uk/category/spain/valencia-costa-blanca/

Enjoy! Cheers, Dom 

Martin Bennett 08 Mar 2022
In reply to Chloe:

I've a copy of the latest Costa Blanca Climbs guide book I'd be happy to sell to you if you'd like a copy for research before you go? Let me know if so. Martin.

full stottie 09 Mar 2022
In reply to Chloe:

There are these two newish guidebooks : Levante Climbs North and Levante Climbs South, and the new Rockfax Costa Blanca Guide, plenty of info!

https://climb-europe.com/rockclimbingshop/rock-climbing-spain-costa-blanca

Dave

> Hi All,

> It's been years since I last climbed in Costa Blanca, using the old Rockfax Guidebook. From doing a little research, it seems that the area has since been developed with more crags which don't feature in the book. I see there is the new book Costa Blanca Climbs but can't seem to see it for sale in the UK? I'm looking to book a trip end of September/beginning of October.

> Does anyone have some advice on best crags in the area please? (Climbs ranging from 6b-8a sport). Or any websites I can find some more info/topos on?

> Where would be a good base to stay now?

> Any new advice/experience would be much appreciated!

> Thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...