UKC

The Rest is Politics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 broken spectre 07 Mar 2022

A really balanced (and excellent) podcast from Alistair Campbell and Rory Stewart (two politicians I begrudgingly admire) where they examine very recent events.

MG 07 Mar 2022
In reply to broken spectre:

I thought it was excellent too.

NathanP 07 Mar 2022

I thought it was very good too. I particularly enjoyed Rory Stewart's story about Liz Truss being puzzled that he was interested in foreign affairs and defence, seeing them as unimportant political career dead-ends and saying she would never want to be foreign secretary.

In reply to NathanP:

Two chaps with a lot of experience under their respective belts, from allegedly opposite ends of the political spectrum, agreeing about a lot of very pertinent things.

veteye 07 Mar 2022

I'm ignorant. Where is it to be found?

veteye 07 Mar 2022
In reply to Ian W:

Thank you. I'll go and listen.

elsewhere 07 Mar 2022

They are very good.

The New NickB 08 Mar 2022

I’m not sure about opposite ends, different places certainly.

Thunderbird7 08 Mar 2022

Refreshing to hear 2 people talking about politics without it being utterly partisan. Please bring back the 'middle ground' of people who can agree to disagree for the overall benefit of the nation. "Dear Daily Mail, Nigel Garage and (for balance) Jeremy Corbyn (+brother) please just f*** off to oblivion. Liz Truss 'politics by instagram' what an utter useless shambles of a minister. Oh, and the 'johnson' too...

For balance, just back from the pub...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...