UKC

Filter out multi-pitch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 konrad7272 08 Mar 2022

We are travelling to Costa Blanca soon, and I am trying to pull together a list of easy climbs that we can do. We can all do single pitch outdoor sport, but don't have the capabilities to do any multi-pitch. 

Is there a way to filter out multi-pitch climbing in the app? I can filter down to 3 star sport routes below 6b but everything is just a multi-pitch. 

If not, is this something that is in the development roadmap for the app?

If anyone knows a way to do this otherwise (perhaps on the website) please do let me know.

In reply to konrad7272:

This isn't currently an option within the app, but we are hoping to add it in the future.

In the mean time, if you visit this page, have a play with the filters, and check the "Rockfax only" checkbox. It's not quite the same but should give you a good starting point

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/?climb_type=3&location=Benidor...

Derry 08 Mar 2022
In reply to konrad7272:

Just climb the first pitch?

Paul Hy 08 Mar 2022
In reply to konrad7272:

at Sierra de Toix alone there must be  100 single pitch below 6a !!   Sierra de Toix

Post edited at 16:24
 Cobra_Head 08 Mar 2022
In reply to konrad7272:

Pick any climb, and climb that, if it's multi-pitch then, as DerryClimbs says only do the first pitch.

You usually, 90% I'd say, get an idea from the height details. Especially true if you look at the crag height.

Post edited at 17:27
OP konrad7272 08 Mar 2022
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Thank you, this is very helpful! Hopefully it can make it to the app but happy to research using the website too. 

And thanks Paul for the recommendation for Sierra de Toix - that's very close to where we will be staying so good to know it has been vouched for. 

For the suggestions of just climbing the first pitch - our outdoor experience so far has only been in places that have lower off anchors that we can thread through and lower off - my understanding is that at the end of the first pitch of a multipitch there wouldn't be those lower off bolts. Is this correct?

In reply to konrad7272:

> For the suggestions of just climbing the first pitch - our outdoor experience so far has only been in places that have lower off anchors that we can thread through and lower off - my understanding is that at the end of the first pitch of a multipitch there wouldn't be those lower off bolts. Is this correct?

In most cases, the belays are likely to be rigged for abseil hence they will have threadable lower-offs at the top of the first pitch.

Having said that, I am wondering if something is going slightly wrong in your search. There are in fact FAR more single-pitch routes under 6b in the Costa Blanca than multi-pitch. Are you interpreting the fact that the crag has a multi-pitch icon as meaning that all the routes at that crag are multi-pitch? If so then that isn't correct, it just means that the crag has some multi-pitch routes (perhaps a lack of clarity in the symbol there).

A helpful document for you could be the PDF intro for the book which has a useful table on page 40. You can download this here - https://rockfax.com/wp-content/uploads/intros/costa-blanca-intro.pdf

(This is something we would like to include in the app but haven't yet figured out a place for it).

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...