UKC

Travle to the US - COVID recovery certificate?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bobling 15 Mar 2022

We're off in about a month and wading through the regulations on testing etc.  The CDC stuff states that "If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel)". 

3/4 of us have had COVID within the 90 day window so I'm trying to get one of these  - GP says it is not them and direct us to 119 COVID pass people who don't want to know either...- does anyone have any experience of getting one out of the NHS? 

Note we are going to pay for inbound testing too but belt and braces...

racodemisa 15 Mar 2022
In reply to Bobling:

I travelled 2 weeks ago.I had to present a covid vaccination pass and documentation of a negative antigen test @the check in  on day of travel.

mcawle 15 Mar 2022
In reply to Bobling:

You don’t need a proof of recovery for the U.S. if you’re vaccinated and taking a negative rapid test for travel before departure - and you must be vaccinated unless you’re a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or meet limited exception criteria. (Note that it’s probably better to take a rapid/antigen prior to travel, not a PCR, as PCR can show false positive for up to 60-90 days after your initial infection, they are more expensive, and results can take longer.)

OP Bobling 16 Mar 2022
In reply to Bobling:

Thanks both.  Yes as the rapid LFT tests are suitable for pre-departure tests there is less need for the certificate as there would be for a PCR.  Which is good as it seems there is no mechanism to get one from the NHS!

mcawle 16 Mar 2022
In reply to Bobling:

Yes, for the U.S. at least, as I understand it, the main reason behind the recovery certificate option dates from when a PCR was required and antigen not accepted.

Toerag 17 Mar 2022
In reply to Bobling:

Of interest to the thread, but the US / CDC will only accept witnessed LFTs from certain providers, so make sure you use an acceptable one if you go down that route.

OP Bobling 17 Mar 2022
In reply to Toerag:

Yup thanks understood!

In reply to Bobling:

The NHS Covid Pass is accepted proof that you've recovered from Covid. You need an NHS log-in (which you can create if you don't have one already), then your Covid Pass will automatically be updated to show that you have had Covid in the past 90 days as long as you registered your positive result with them. The pass is a downloadable pdf with QR code that can be used for travel.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/get-digital-covid-pass/

duchessofmalfi 18 Mar 2022
In reply to Bobling:

Just use your vaccine record

Moacs 18 Mar 2022
In reply to Bobling:

You are vaxxed, right?

OP Bobling 19 Mar 2022
In reply to Bobling:

Right!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...