UKC

Access to Bennachie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Bannan 17 Mar 2022

Hi Folks,

A few weeks ago, I intended to go to Bennachie for a training walk, but the Rowantree car park was closed due to fallen trees and forestry operation.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if this has been completed yet, or if any of the other car parks are accessible yet.

Living in North Aberdeenshire means that Bennachie takes on a very important role for the likes of me, as it is by far the nearest "proper" hill to me.

Cheers in anticipation of any replies.

StuDoig 18 Mar 2022
In reply to Mark Bannan:

Hey Mark,

This was the status from Bennachie visitor centre about a week ago

"Forestry and Land Scotland are now on site at the Bennachie Visitor Centre car park. Work is going well to clear the damage from the storms but we will have to delay the April opening of the Bennachie Visitor Centre for the 2022 season. We’re in continued communication with Forestry and Land Scotland and we’ll post more details as soon as we have confirmation of when the works will be completed.

The car park at the Bennachie Visitor Centre, Rowantree and Back O’Bennachie all remain closed."

Prior to the last storm limited trails were open near the centre it's self but still a lot of downed trees elsewhere.  

Don View might be worth a check since not in the list!

OP Mark Bannan 19 Mar 2022
In reply to StuDoig:

Cheers, Stuart! Hope all's well with you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...