UKC

How many crags can you name in the duddon valley ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 20 Mar 2022

I’ll start : 1 
Slightly hungover and tired from a big day yesterday. 
lived and climbed in the lakes for over 30 years .

Please just  respond with a number as a list kind of spoils the idea 

The Pylon King 20 Mar 2022
In reply to mike123:

Pedro50 20 Mar 2022
In reply to mike123:

Mark Eddy 20 Mar 2022
In reply to mike123:

Climbed on 5 out of these 6. We were lucky enough to visit a couple of esoteric gems quite recently too.

Rick Graham 20 Mar 2022
In reply to mike123

A quick count of the latest duddon guide lists 71 crags but  some are actually groups of crags so the crags in the guide is 71 +.

There is also a further 6 in the frcc website downloads , but again some of these are multiple.

I have also done routes on at least six crags not listed above, Keith Dave and John probably have a few under wraps as well.

So the answer is somewhere above 83

Andy Hardy 20 Mar 2022
In reply to mike123:

You bring the champagne bottles and I'll name each one.

OP mike123 20 Mar 2022
In reply to The Pylon King:

> 450

Winner ! 
off you go rain man …..

OP mike123 20 Mar 2022
In reply to mike123:

point was that  other than wallowbarrow the other duddon crags are a bit obscure , I’ve climbed at a few but they were so memorable that I’ve forgotten what they are called , hence having a “ festival “ here is going to have little or no impact on anybody other than the very small handful of people who might rock up at wallowbarrow to do Thomas ( fnar fnar ) and find that the car park is full .

alan moore 20 Mar 2022
In reply to mike123:

I went to Wallowbarrow once and did Thomas. Seriously.

C Witter 20 Mar 2022
In reply to mike123:

There's some good rock available in the Duddon for those willing to explore - it's not only Wallowbarrow (which is a great crag but has little of quality above VS). Columbia on Stonestar is one of the best E1 pitches in the Lakes and it basically welcomes you to the Duddon. Then there are crags up toward Seathwaite Tarn and on Harter Fell, never mind those toward Pike O'Blisco. Add in Eskdale and you've some of the best rock in the Lakes. Just don't go telling anyone.

Post edited at 20:13
 The New NickB 20 Mar 2022
In reply to mike123:

It’s not the first time that the BMC has held a climbing festival in Duddon. Plenty of teams at Wallowbarrow last time, but certainly not the only crags climbed at. Proximity to Eskdale was also utilised.

John Kelly 20 Mar 2022
In reply to mike123:

You couldn't get shifted on Burnt Crag today - like Blackpool

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...