UKC

Looking for Ignatius

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pamph 22 Mar 2022

I have unearthed a guide book from my bookshelf which I found on my only trip to the Pembroke area about 32 years ago. It belongs to Ignatius Healey, and at the time before the internet there was little or no chance of being able to return it. But obviously it is now possible to amend  that.  So Ignatius, if you are out there, or if anyone knows him please pm me and I would love to return it to it's rightful owner.

Dave Todd 22 Mar 2022
In reply to pamph:

Looks like there is an Iggy Healey on here...

https://www.ukclimbing.com/user/profile.php?id=17840

It couldn't be the same person...could it...?!

Post edited at 20:13
 Cake 22 Mar 2022
In reply to Dave Todd:

I'd bet there is only one climbing Ignatius Healey in the country.

Dave Todd 22 Mar 2022
In reply to Cake:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!  It would make my inner 'herding sheepdog' very happy if we could re-unite owner and book after 32 years...

Myfyr Tomos 22 Mar 2022
In reply to Dave Todd:

Same here. Have a bump.

DaveHK 22 Mar 2022
In reply to pamph:

This is the climbing world equivalent of that ballerina's shoe in Bagpuss.  

bouldery bits 22 Mar 2022
In reply to pamph:

I sincerely hope this comes together. 

Come on universe!!!

Herdwickmatt 23 Mar 2022

bump

Dave Todd 23 Mar 2022
In reply to pamph:

I can confirm that Iggy is now aware of this thread and has confirmed that he did lose a guidebook in Pembroke back in the day!  He'll be along to comment in due course...

Well done UKC!

profitofdoom 23 Mar 2022
In reply to Cake:

> I'd bet there is only one climbing Ignatius Healey in the country.

Nonsense!

Signed, Ignatius Healey

Then there's my brother, Ignayshus... and my Dad, Ignatious....

Martin Haworth 23 Mar 2022
In reply to pamph: Iggy Healey is Ignatius Healey. He will be along later to claim his book 

iggy 23 Mar 2022
In reply to pamph: 

Well how about that! After all those years. Back in the day this little beauty of a guidebook was what dreams were made of. Pembroke was the place to go and I loved my trips to the little camp site in the field, Ma Westons for tea and poached egg on toast and a drinks in the pub after superb days trad climbing on the sea cliffs. Love to know if you remember where you found it.

Post edited at 20:37
OP pamph 23 Mar 2022
In reply to iggy:

Well there you go!  To be honest I never actually thought of typing in your name into the search box....which gives you an idea of my mental (and physical) age!  However the post here has achieved its aim!  But as to where I found it, I'm afraid I have no idea. I know we were in Mother Carey's Kitchen and I think we did The Strait Gate and possibly Rock Idol but it was along time ago! So somewhere around there. At the time my mate and I had headed down to Pembroke from where we lived (and I still do) in the north east of Scotland and worked our way north through Wales, the Lakes and then Glencoe and the Ben, sadly for me ticking off what Hard Rock routes we were capable of doing (amongst other equally good routes obviously). Happy days.

Anyway, I will gladly return the well worn book, postage free as we used the book for the couple of days were down there as it saved me buying a new one. Please send me your address and it will be winging it's way to you as soon as I remember to wrap it. I hope it brings back great memories as you obviously have done a fair few routes there.

scope 24 Mar 2022
In reply to pamph:

Bump

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...