UKC

Bouldering in Croatia?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi guys,

Ill be spending April in Croatia and am wondering if there is any good bouldering to be found? From my initial search, it is apparent there is plenty of rock, however people seem to be way more into sport than bouldering. 

I like a good sport trip myself, but there are a few reason why I am asking specifically about bouldering:

1. I'll be traveling with my gf and she doesnt know how to properly belay yet. Without a third person to back up I would rather not risk it outdoors with a brand new belayer.

2. Water temperature is too low still, otherwise DWS would have been a great alternative. 

So yeah, any leads please let me know

mutt 23 Mar 2022
In reply to abstractmachine:

Isn't it all limestone? You would have more fun sport climbing. Perhaps buy her a climbing course. 

Cake 23 Mar 2022
In reply to mutt:

And an assisted breaking device. I've heard the sport's good. Is any limestone bouldering excellent?

In reply to Cake:

> Is any limestone bouldering excellent?

Castle Hill, although it's probably a bit far away from Croatia! 

mutt 24 Mar 2022
In reply to Cake:

Not really and it's very sharp and intense. Expect bleeding fingers and shredded fore arms. I  have been to Croatia twice and all the climbing I have seen is sport.

> And an assisted breaking device. I've heard the sport's good. Is any limestone bouldering excellent?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...