UKC

-dle?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
cb294 25 Mar 2022

Any recommendations for new Wordle-like games?

Wordle classic is getting a bit boring, Absurdle (an adversarial Wordle spin off where the computer tries to "escape" your guesses) can easily be corraled towards the same few words, Worldle is GREAT but a bit too quick and only one country per day....

Leaves me with Quordle (better than Wordle but also a bit sameish and a taking bit too long for my purposes*) and Chessle (too hard for me).

Thanks,

CB

* I am looking for stuff to do while have to wait for my computer to do stuff. Usually that is a couple of minutes, not long enough to start doing another productive task but very much long enough to get bored....

wert 25 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294: Nerdle 

cb294 25 Mar 2022
In reply to wert:

Yes, forgot that one! Quite good, but also usually solvable.

ripper 25 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

I quite like crosswordle - a bit like wordle but you start with the answer and work backwards

cb294 25 Mar 2022
In reply to ripper:

Never heard that, will try!

CB

In reply to cb294:

Idle?

Just relax for a few minutes...

cb294 25 Mar 2022
In reply to captain paranoia:

Relax? Never heard of that concept!

CB

gribble 25 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

Scholardle

There's also wordles with 6 or 7 letters. 

Ben Callard 25 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

Tradle is quite good. You have to guess the country by their exports. 

yeti 25 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

i know it isn't wordy but i love worldle

gives a different country silhouette every day

Dave Todd 25 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

Semantle might well tick your boxes...

Gazmataz 25 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

Try cryptic crosswords. They more satisfyingly scratch the same itch for me. I'm not very good at them. I usually spend all week doing the Guardian's Monday puzzle or their "quiptic" puzzle which is a quick cryptic. Monday is, by tradition, the easiest of the week, getting harder all week. It takes a while to get into how they work and can seem intimidating at first but you can get the answers and explanations at https://www.fifteensquared.net which breaks down how the clue gets to the answer. 

Ger_the_gog 25 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

A quick turdle?

felt 25 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

I'm enjoying Birdle at present.

Bulls Crack 25 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

Framed is quite light https://framed.wtf/

mbh 25 Mar 2022
In reply to Gazmataz:

fifteenquared is a great site.

I don't think cryptic crosswords are what cb is looking for unless he gets very, very good at them, or is willing to carry them across from one two minute break to another. The quick crossword, on the other hand... to do that would be a challenge, but not an absurdly difficult one. It is the third puzzle I do every day, after Worldle then Wordle, neither of which I am finding at all boring so far.

Cryptic crosswords can take up your whole life, so to manage this I just do the Everyman on Sundays. It is one of the easier ones out there, but still takes me an hour or two of effort followed by a conundrum or two that rattles around in my head until sometime in the afternoon when I confer with my mum who by then has had a go herself.

For cb, how about codewords? I often turn to this site  when I have a minute or two to spare:

https://simplydailypuzzles.com/daily-codeword/

mbh 26 Mar 2022
In reply to felt:

A 2 on my first go! I am going to enjoy this too.

Birdle #19 2/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

felt 26 Mar 2022
In reply to mbh:

It's funny. I posted that thing about Birdle as a joke, and then when I checked I found it was a real thing. Shoulda known, eh. I guess someone's invented Blurredle for drunks, Curdle for dairy farmers and Chaufferedle for the well heeled.

cb294 26 Mar 2022
In reply to felt and the thread:

Birdle looks nice!

I will give the others a try as well,

CB

Birdle #19 2/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

magma 26 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

i'm surprised there isn't a 6 letter wordle out yet

magma 26 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

too easy:

Birdle #19 2/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

cb294 26 Mar 2022
cb294 26 Mar 2022
In reply to magma:

True!

Birdle #19 2/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Neil Williams 26 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

Sweardle and Lewdle if you want a couple of rude ones?

cb294 27 Mar 2022
In reply to Neil Williams:

I cannot possibly have tried sweardle before..

CB

Michael Hood 27 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

Hmm tried Birdle today and it has messed up, can't post image because not completed but...

• Row 1: grey-grey-yellow-yellow-grey
  • Row 2: green-green-green-yellow-green

No repeated letters, how am I meant to proceed?

Edit: scrub all that - there seem to be loads of Birdle web-sites with different games - now been to www.birdlegame.com which I presume is the proper one with a piccy - got in 1.

Post edited at 21:23
 ripper 28 Mar 2022
In reply to felt:

> It's funny. I posted that thing about Birdle as a joke, and then when I checked I found it was a real thing. Shoulda known, eh. I guess someone's invented Blurredle for drunks, Curdle for dairy farmers and Chaufferedle for the well heeled.

Is there a Geardle for climbers yet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...