UKC

Egerton FYI

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climbingpixie 28 Mar 2022

Visited this crag for the first time yesterday and just wanted to highlight how clean and dry it currently is. The classic HVSs on Wood Buttress were immaculate (by Lancs quarry standard) and absolutely brilliant. Ice Cool Acid Test was cleaned and chalked and is absolutely superb. And the neighbouring E5, Nobody Wept for Alec Trench, was also cleaned. 

It's a great crag that really deserves more traffic and at the moment, with the trees still out of leaf, it's the perfect time to visit. You can also collect volunteer litter picking bags on the walk in and even one bag of crap removed makes a difference.

galpinos 28 Mar 2022
In reply to climbingpixie:

> You can also collect volunteer litter picking bags on the walk in and even one bag of crap removed makes a difference.

Great info! Where can you get these from?

OP climbingpixie 28 Mar 2022
In reply to galpinos:

There was a bin just next to where you park for the quarry (on the west side at least) and there were a load of bin bags tied underneath it for volunteers to take. I'd actually taken my own bin bag (mostly because I was kicking myself for not having one at Wilton the day before) and didn't notice on the walk in but spotted it on the way out.

galpinos 28 Mar 2022

Cheers.

steveriley 28 Mar 2022

Good work, I keep forgetting to regularly take a bag out with me. My new mantra is 'take 2 bits of litter away'. If everyone did that...

OP climbingpixie 28 Mar 2022
In reply to steveriley:

That's why I thought it was worth mentioning the bags as I totally missed them first time round. It was only when I was on my way back, wondering whether I could leave my bag by the bin to avoid putting it on my car (my bag wasn't very sturdy and some of the litter was sharp and had ripped it) that I noticed. 

Pglossop 28 Mar 2022

This is my very local crag, so more traffic on here would be great. There used to be* a settlement there, which was swallowed up by the quarry. You can still see the curved walls that marked the entranceway, and the base of a gas lamppost.

For visitors who might not have been for a while, the bridge under Cox  Green road is now bricked up.

*from looking at 19th Century maps, not my own memory!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...