UKC

Grebes and pheasants

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 29 Mar 2022

Watched a pair of great crested grebes. They did some of that fancy displaying, and even mated, but in a semi submerged bush where their nest is. 

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

The other week watched a pair of cock pheasants having a go at each other. Unfortunately a blade of grass got in on the scene and blurred the best photo. 

Post edited at 12:50

David Riley 29 Mar 2022

Watched by a huge heron standing on the bridge over my pond, as I put the milk back in  the fridge an hour ago.

Yes, I've seen you.  Get lost.

In reply to David Riley:

Not far from me, on the outskirts of Wigan, an otter ‘sorted’ £8.5ks worth or koi carp and other fish. The house is on the edge of a VERY built up area. Otter caught on a trail cam (there had been discussions of the culprit being a mink. I’ve seen the footage and it’s even big by otter standards).  

squarepeg 29 Mar 2022

Can't grebes go at it in peace without people leering? 

In reply to squarepeg:

> Can't grebes go at it in peace without people leering? 

I didn’t realised they had mated until I looked at my photos (which makes it sound worse!). 

Three more. The owl looks soaked from dew. And zoom in on the skylark - they have long back toes. 

And Scrufty is back. Last year we hard a scruffy hard as nails looking blackbird in our garden. He must have moulted into a sleek winter set of feathers. But has re-emerged this spring. Don’t mess with Scrufty - Cock of The North !!

David Riley 29 Mar 2022

It's a dangerous world.  My neighbour fears the lions escaping from just a few fields away.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...