UKC

Andrew Windsor, again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elsewhere 03 Apr 2022

Andrew seems extraordinary unlucky in people he chooses to associate with.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60961791

"The complex court case involves claims brought by 77-year-old Mrs Isbilen that her business adviser Mr Turk misused her funds.

Court documents show that among the expenditure and investments being questioned were payments to Prince Andrew and Sarah, the Duchess of York."

profitofdoom 03 Apr 2022
In reply to elsewhere:

Personally I would call Andrew unwise rather than unlucky 

Thanks for listening 

profitofdoom 03 Apr 2022
In reply to elsewhere:

But anyway his Mum has apparently chosen to forgive him, as evidenced by one past event.... and one to come (the Derby)

As reported in media today

In reply to elsewhere:

> Andrew seems extraordinary unlucky in people he chooses to associate with.

From my perspective someone you don't know giving you a £750k gift for f*ck all looks like a stroke of luck.  Or fraud if it was because they thought you were going to fix a passport for them.

Anyone but a royal or a Tory minister in those circumstances would be getting interviewed by the cops.

Andy Hardy 03 Apr 2022
In reply to elsewhere:

77? Isn't that a bit old for handsy Andy? 

Maggot 03 Apr 2022
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

Andy babe gave it back, so it's OK.

Mushrooms!

Are we turning into them? He didn't know that someone gave him three quarters of a million pounds. The relentless stream of Bullshit these arseholes try to feed us. F%ck 'em.

fred99 04 Apr 2022
In reply to Maggot:

Whilst not condoning the action (or rather receipt) of such a large amount of dosh, I can understand that it could be possible for someone that well off not to know about it.

After all, unlike us plebs, I doubt he checks every item on his credit card or bank statement on a regular basis, just like all the very rich.

This does not however mean I necessarily believe he didn't know, just that it is "possible".

ExiledScot 04 Apr 2022
In reply to fred99:

He comes across as someone who lives at the limit or beyond his means continually, whilst obviously it's relative. If he had £1 or 2m, he commits to an alpine chalet costing way way more. A millionaire of assets maybe, but not cash income, mixing in a world of billionaires and those with hundreds of millions. I think he'll be profoundly aware of anything over £10000 going in and out, plus his aides will be too. 

deacondeacon 04 Apr 2022
In reply to fred99:

He will definitely have an accountant that would notice 3/4 of a million pounds going into his account. The more money you have the more financially aware you are.

fred99 04 Apr 2022
In reply to deacondeacon:

> He will definitely have an accountant that would notice 3/4 of a million pounds going into his account. The more money you have the more financially aware you are.

Precisely - an accountant. I don't believe he understands money in the way you or I do, after all, it's not as if he's ever "worked" for a living - outside of the military, where board and lodging etc. are "found".

[edit] - I think he's too thick/stupid to understand financial matters properly, particularly as he's been insulated against them for his entire life. I'm sure not too many on here would regard him as having a great intellect.

Post edited at 13:31
 65 04 Apr 2022
In reply to deacondeacon:

Partly depends on the accountant. I have a vague memory of Sting being fleeced for millions over a long period of time without noticing.

Randy Andy has comprehensive form on all sorts of nefariousness and he currently has less cash than he likely feels entitled to so I’m not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Post edited at 13:31
 Iamgregp 04 Apr 2022
In reply to 65:

Surely when you get fleeced by your accountant that's your accountant not telling you about money going out?

This was the opposite, money was going in?!

I can only assume people making "gifts" of hundreds of thousands of pounds to Mr Windsor is not such an unusual occurrence?

OP elsewhere 04 Apr 2022
In reply to profitofdoom:

Let he who has not had two friends imprisoned for underage sex crimes and made a related multimillion civil settlement then paid back an elderly woman involved in a dispute with her financial adviser cast the first stone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...