UKC

Paris Roubaix Women's Race Saturday afternoon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elsewhere 16 Apr 2022

46 km to go at 1335 (BST)

RobAJones 16 Apr 2022
In reply to elsewhere:

Impressive win, and save on that corner. Makes you wonder why it is only the second edition. I do think it would have benefitted from being on the same day as the men's like Flanders. 

OP elsewhere 16 Apr 2022
In reply to RobAJones:

> Impressive win, and save on that corner. Makes you wonder why it is only the second edition. I do think it would have benefitted from being on the same day as the men's like Flanders. 

Yes, somebody seemed to almost go over their front wheel but still stayed upright.

I was thinking the opposite - higher profile on different day, not just a tag along to the men's race. No idea which of us is more correct on that.

Was that a good bit of teamwork from trek segefrado - holding third position in chasing group preventing cooperation between teams?

RobAJones 16 Apr 2022
In reply to elsewhere:

> I was thinking the opposite - higher profile on different day, not just a tag along to the men's race. No idea which of us is more correct on that.

Not sure either. Just thought having the crowds there at Flanders and then a decent bit of TV coverage for the women's finale was a good balance. Most sports where there is near equality like tennis and athletes involve both men and women competing at the same/similar times. 

> Was that a good bit of teamwork from trek segefrado - holding third position in chasing group preventing cooperation between teams?

Inoes men's team have managed this a couple of times in the last week or so not sure they are quite good enough to do it tomorrow. 

Post edited at 16:45
 Yanis Nayu 16 Apr 2022
In reply to elsewhere:

With P-R I agree with you - it’s the only men’s race that for me is a must see and that I will give 4-6 hours of my time to. Bluntly, if the women’s was on the same day I wouldn’t watch it.  

Matt Podd 16 Apr 2022
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Otley's finest - Lizzie Deignan - nee Armitstead did the most amazing solo win of this last year. Whats your problem with watching top womens biking?

Yanis Nayu 16 Apr 2022
In reply to Matt Podd:

Biking?! I know she did. I watched it. Because it wasn’t on the same day as the one men’s race of the year I insist on watching for hours. As I wrote. 

As an aside, I can’t take to Deignan and I wanted Vos to catch her. I met Vos at the women’s tour a few years ago and she was really lovely and had real aura about her. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...