UKC

Looking for dmm rebel ice tools

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RidEr015 18 Apr 2022

Hello there,

I am looking for a pair of dmm rebel ice axes. I need them for climbing so of course, I'm looking for real ones and not reps . I would be very grateful if you would contact me if you have a pair for sale.

Best regards, 

Johan

Post edited at 21:52
 nawface 18 Apr 2022
In reply to RidEr015:

I'd check on ebay before selling any DMM Rebels.  Sellers market due to Tomb Raider.

tingle 18 Apr 2022
In reply to nawface:

Opened my eyes to some cosplay hysteria i didn't realise existed, also a funny UKC post from Jan. I just need a franchise to pick up the early dmm flys and im in the money.

morpcat 18 Apr 2022
In reply to RidEr015:

Curious as to why you "need [DMM Rebels] for climbing" given that the winter season is over and there are many other models of ice axe that could be easier and cheaper to obtain, better for climbing with (arguably), and easier to find spare parts for. Is there some specific form of climbing that I'm not aware of that you can only do with DMM Rebels? And is the For Sale/Wanted forum too obscurely named?

JimmAwelon 19 Apr 2022
In reply to morpcat:

> Curious as to why you "need [DMM Rebels] for climbing" 

Because not all DMM Rebels are used for climbing (nudge, nudge, wink, wink): https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CABZSH_enGB985GB985&q=anorexic&s... 

cb294 19 Apr 2022
In reply to morpcat:

Unfortunately, there is no forum "Donate stuff for my museum", what is the poor lamb supposed to do...

OP RidEr015 19 Apr 2022
In reply to morpcat:

Had a pair long time ago (which I really liked) --> sold ---> want to get into ice climbing again

DaveHK 19 Apr 2022
In reply to RidEr015:

> Had a pair long time ago (which I really liked) --> sold ---> want to get into ice climbing again

Aye right.

Jamie Hageman 19 Apr 2022
In reply to RidEr015:

> Had a pair long time ago (which I really liked) --> sold ---> want to get into ice climbing again

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!   I can read you like a book, and not a very good book. Certainly not Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab. Which actually improves with every read

morpcat 19 Apr 2022
In reply to RidEr015:

Okay, well in that case might I suggest you instead get the newer DMM Switch or Apex models. They are similar in functionality and feel, and DMM have made many improvements to their design over the years. It will be easier to get replacement picks and other parts, and the axes themselves will probably be cheaper (even brand new!) given how hard it is to find Rebels these days. Honestly I can't think of a single reason why you wouldn't want to go for either of the two new models.

Post edited at 21:15
 Babika 20 Apr 2022
In reply to RidEr015:

I think you've been sussed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...