UKC

Spanish sport climbing. Easiest grade locations?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Connolly8684 04 May 2022

I'm looking at heading for some Spanish sport climbing early June.

Where's the best location with the easiest routes? There's a great mix of abilities in the group of four looking at going and we want to cater for those climbing at the lower grades.

Any and all advice very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Joffy 04 May 2022
In reply to Connolly8684:

Hard to know what grades you are looking for. Been to Costa Blanca a few times with mixed ability groups and the crags are so big there tends to be something for everyone.

ZacMoss 05 May 2022

+1 for Costa Blanca. I went there as a relatively inexperienced climber and there was a lot I could do.

Mark Eddy 05 May 2022

It will pretty pretty warm (hot) in June in southern Spain. Most of the locals will be searching for shade. Far north, Costa Verde may be okay though.

Worth a look at the recent UKC article about climbing in Normandie and save the Spain trip for winter.

If you do head to Spain later in the year, this guide includes some really nice lower grade climbs: https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/costa-blanca-mountain-adventures-the-ber...

Toerag 05 May 2022

The inland crags at altitude in the Costa Duarada might be cool enough in June, but I dunno about decent amounts of quality easy routes.

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 05 May 2022

Montserrat? Sun and shade, a bit of altitude, lots of easy stuff,

Chris

tjekel 05 May 2022
In reply to Toerag:

good enough, and shady stuff as well. 

travelguy 05 May 2022

If you do head south to El Chorro, there are some north facing crags with some 5s and up to 8s

but as noted above, likely to be hot. You could check the weather ahead. Some years we can climb into the middle of June

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...