UKC

Stanage Plantation Road Closure

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cragtyke 23 May 2022

The road below Stanage is closed until the 17th June, at the bends close to the toilets near the Plantation car park. There is a diversion in place down the North Lees road.

PaulJepson 23 May 2022
In reply to cragtyke:

Is it still possible to loop round to access High Neb parking? Sorry, I couldn't find a North Lees Road on google maps. 

Thanks for the headsup!

duchessofmalfi 23 May 2022
In reply to cragtyke:

I can't tell from the OP if the plantation car park is accessible? if so from what side?

OP cragtyke 23 May 2022
In reply to PaulJepson:

I came down from the popular end and didn't follow the diversion, but I assume it would take you down on to Coggers Lane.

ChrisBrooke 23 May 2022
In reply to cragtyke:

Hmm. Hopefully they're fixing those awkward lumps in the dip. It may be inconvenient for now, but once completed that should save about 3 seconds off my drive to the Plantation carpark. Thumbs up from me.

lurcher 23 May 2022
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

That's exactly what they're doing.  It was pretty bad.  It's pretty well fenced off for a short stretch ie properly closed. Can get round the side on a bike,  but no driving access to the plantation car park from the popular end. 

brianjcooper 24 May 2022
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

Those bumps have been a nightmare for years. Nearly grounded the sump once.  Well done the Road authority for finally repairing it.

LadyMargaret 25 May 2022
In reply to cragtyke:

We had a Stanage Forum meeting with PDNPA yesterday, so I got some more info. The road is currently closed for repair to the collapsed culvert (where all the awkward lumps are), which will last into next week.

After that, we understand that Derbyshire CC are going to resurface/make repairs along the whole road, so there will likely be rolling closures from the toilet block up to High Neb until 17 June.

We believe access to Hollin Bank (Plantation) car park will be maintained throughout, but be ready for diversions. At the moment it might be easier to access Plantation/High Neb via Coggers Lane from Hathersage, since Birley Lane (the one that goes past the campsite) is narrow and not great for passing oncoming traffic.

Info here: https://one.network/uk/derbyshire   

(look for Stanage on the map and click on the roadworks sign)

If anyone has any problems post them here, and we can let the PDNPA team know (though they don't have much control over DCC!).

Louise (BMC Stanage Forum rep)

blurty 25 May 2022
In reply to cragtyke:

I saw a cyclist have a quite a bad off over those humps

LadyMargaret 27 May 2022
In reply to blurty:

Just thought I'd bump this in time for the weekend

OP cragtyke 01 Jun 2022
In reply to LadyMargaret:

I was at Stanage today, it looks like the works have been completed and the road is open again.

Rocknast 01 Jun 2022
In reply to cragtyke:

Thanks for the heads up John. We need a catch up climb soon, been too long!

J

LadyMargaret 01 Jun 2022
In reply to cragtyke:

Ah great, thanks for the update. I was hoping they'd open up again for the bank holiday weekend crowds. Well done DCC, for once!

May still close mid week for resurfacing (unless they've somehow managed that too?)

PaulJepson 02 Jun 2022
In reply to LadyMargaret:

I parked at Popular and walked all the way to Plantation on Weds evening, only to see all the cars driving straight through! Nice little stroll though.

Michael Hood 03 Jun 2022
In reply to cragtyke:

Much smoother but I suspect it'll slowly subside into bouncy ripples again. I think it gets water flowing (or at least seeping) underneath.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...