UKC

BBC4 tonight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sean Kelly 25 May 2022

The Hermit of Treig. 10pm BBC4. Not sure if this is a repeat but it should be interesting viewing. A lovely area to explore, and away from the crowds. Not sure I could cope with such privation. The corner shop is not exactly handy!

Post edited at 12:02
 plyometrics 25 May 2022
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Thanks for the heads up; looks super interesting. Telly box now set to record.  

tjdodd 25 May 2022
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Looking forward to watching this again.  Its really good and well worth a watch.

rsc 25 May 2022
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Thanks from me too for pointing this out. I hadn’t seen it before. It’s a beautiful piece of film-making.

tjdodd 26 May 2022
In reply to rsc:

Some interesting interviews with Lizzie MacKenzie on the film

https://www.whickerawards.com/lizziemackenzieinterview/

https://www.theskinny.co.uk/film/interviews/scotland-on-screen-lizzie-macke...

Interesting to read how she went from no filmmaking experience to this film. 

HB1 26 May 2022
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> The Hermit of Treig. 10pm BBC4. Not sure if this is a repeat but it should be interesting viewing. A lovely area to explore, and away from the crowds. Not sure I could cope with such privation. The corner shop is not exactly handy!

To be fair, Carrour station is a short (Scottish) walk away from where I reckon he lives so not so far from the Fort. He's at the scenic end of Loch Treig (I knew the other end, as I spent many nights with Nancy Smith and Davie Glen - a bit closed-in I thought, but good company)

rsc 26 May 2022
In reply to tjdodd:

> Interesting to read how she went from no filmmaking experience to this film. 

Yes - it was noticeable how free of film clichés it was. But so well constructed. The absence of ego comes through nicely in those interviews too. I’ll be looking out for her work in future.

wercat 27 May 2022
In reply to Sean Kelly:

sadly BBC4 is for the chop on the airwaves - it's the BBC channel that has stuff on that I watch

Dr.S at work 27 May 2022
In reply to wercat:

Indeed - it’s the best but of BBC TV, very sad

Fat Bumbly2 27 May 2022
In reply to HB1:

Ken would occasionally drop in at Fasgadh. 

Always good company there.

In reply to wercat:

> sadly BBC4 is for the chop on the airwaves - it's the BBC channel that has stuff on that I watch

I don’t have TV at home  but as I was in lodging on Wednesday night I tried to watch  BNC4 but got Cathy come home a 1966  film  

Post edited at 14:34
 Graham Mck 27 May 2022
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Thx for the heads up.  Watched it last night and enjoyed it a great deal.  Agree with others, it was a lovely bit of film-making. Brought a tear to my eye a number of times!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...