UKC

Logbook data

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sean Kelly 29 May 2022

There is a problem here because if I have ticked a route in my personal guidebook but not dated it  when later logging details on my UKC logbook, it demands a date of some sort. Why can't I leave it blank? I am talking about climbs done 40/50 years ago and have no memory of the ascent date of a host of minor climbs. If I  can't recall my partner I can miss it out and no problem.

I'm  sure this has been encountered by others and most likely even discussed on this forum.

In reply to Sean Kelly:

The minimum requirement is a year. it's not really possible to change the system to allow an entirely dateless log entry.

Unless you have found a bug and it's asking for more info than just the year?

OP Sean Kelly 31 May 2022
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> There is a problem here because if I have ticked a route in my personal guidebook but not dated it  when later logging details on my UKC logbook, it demands a date of some sort. Why can't I leave it blank? I am talking about climbs done 40/50 years ago and have no memory of the ascent date of a host of minor climbs. If I  can't recall my partner I can miss it out and no problem.

> I'm  sure this has been encountered by others and most likely even discussed on this forum.

If only the log data allowed just the decade. My memory is not what it was. So something like 70s or 80s would be great. Just a thought.

In reply to Sean Kelly:

Not sure this will be possible any time soon I'm afraid. I would recommend just setting the year as the first year of the decade and specifying in the notes that it's some point in the decade

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...