UKC

Darlton Quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stoney Boy 31 May 2022

Few people have been asked to leave Darlton Quarry and cameras been installed? apparently other Tarmac owned quarries will soon go the same way. Has anyone had other issues in the Southern Peak? 

Alex@home 31 May 2022
In reply to Stoney Boy:

Happened to us the other day. Guy on the gate didn't seem to know why he was there other than he was being paid for it. Which are the other Tarmac quarries? 

OP Stoney Boy 31 May 2022
In reply to Alex@home:

Intake and Slaley...

LJH 31 May 2022
In reply to Stoney Boy:

No issues at intake or slaley in past few days. 

Did spot some had repaired some fence at slaley, which had been broken years.

TobyA 31 May 2022
In reply to Stoney Boy:

That's a shame - does anyone know if they have really installed cameras?

There has been a sign up trying to sell it for some time, but I had heard somewhere no one seemed very interested.

TobyA 31 May 2022
In reply to Alex@home:

> Guy on the gate didn't seem to know why he was there other than he was being paid for it.

Was that the gate out onto the A623, or was the security guard lurking at the gate actually into the quarry where the bridleway crosses the old access road that goes down to the A623?

Alex@home 01 Jun 2022
In reply to TobyA:

They'd driven up to the gate where the bridleway meets the entrance. Said they worked for G4S . And yes there really are cameras at the entrance

Mike Stretford 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Alex@home:

That's a shame, though they'd already put wire netting over some routes.

Still want to have a go at routes on Darlton 2 (Hidden) Main Wall. The access for that is a bit more discreet and the crag out of sight so hopefully they'll be ok.

OP Stoney Boy 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Mike Stretford:

You can park at the top of the bridleway at Black Harry Lane and walk down to the the quarry which is what I have done in the past. I doubt you would be spotted and midweek should be fine.

Not sure about Hidden but last winter one of the parking spaces was filled in which was not a good sign. 

In reply to Stoney Boy:

Is that the one with the For Sale sign down at the A623 entrance? I'm guessing they're managing their site so as not to put potential buyers off?

OP Stoney Boy 01 Jun 2022
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

No, it was up Farnsley Lane towards the mill.

Alex@home 01 Jun 2022

You should be ok there. Just check for bird bans before you go. There are some very good routes on the main wall 

Kim 01 Jun 2022

Yes, there is currently a restriction on Main Wall at Hidden Quarry (formerly Darlton 2) due to nesting Peregrines (until 30th June - ish - they were a bit late starting this year). 

Mike Stretford 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Alex@home and Kim:

Thanks, I did have a recce about a month ago but didn't climb due to the birds. Thought I'd get a bit fitter and head down later in the year so was a bit concerned I'd not be able to!

Gary Gibson 08 Jun 2022
In reply to Stoney Boy:

The quarry is owned by tge Chatsworth estate as is Goddard's to tge best of my and Henry Folkard’s knowledge 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...