UKC

Inov8 boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wainright 01 Jun 2022

Hi folks,

It's me again, asking more questions LOL.

Anyone using the Inov8 Roclite pro G 400 boots, have just brought a pair home to try out, they seem quite comfortable, very light, which is what I am after. Really wanted the La sportiva ultra raptor boot, but not happy to pay the customs charges etc.

Was just looking for some general feedback on the Pro G 400 boots

Thanks again

njd 01 Jun 2022
In reply to wainright:

I have been through several incarnations of the roclite boot. They're really comfortable and grippy but tend to develop holes quickly and don't stay waterproof for long. I keep buying them because they are so versatile & good for running & hiking.

OP wainright 01 Jun 2022
In reply to njd:

Specifically the Pro G 400 hiking boot?? they are now apparently graphene enhanced soles, so hopefully should be a bit more hardwearing.

In reply to wainright:

I've also been through a few roclites of various types. They're great shoes but in my personal opinion the graphene stuff appears to be marketing bumff and doesn't seem to make any difference.

jasonC abroad 01 Jun 2022
In reply to wainright:

I've been thinking of getting a pair of these.

This site has a review of them and other Invo-8 boots and he's done some long walks in them so worth a read.
https://wildwalkinguk.com/category/gear-reviews/boots/

jasonC abroad 01 Jun 2022
In reply to wainright:

I've been thinking of getting a pair of these.

This site has a review of them and other Invo-8 boots and he's done some long walks in them so worth a read.
https://wildwalkinguk.com/category/gear-reviews/boots/

Pedro50 01 Jun 2022
In reply to wainright:

Partner has them and really likes them, she couldn't quite bring herself to go for a shoe but is happy with these.

Pina 01 Jun 2022
In reply to wainright:

I'm a long time user of the Roclite 275 and GTX 315. I'd echo the sentiments above. The GTX model develops holes in the upper pretty quick and the graphene is marketing guff.

That said, I keep buying more year after year as it's an incredibly versatile shoe. I use mine for runs and hill walking up here in Scotland.

The Pro 400 is just a boot model of the models I've mentioned above and will be a good lightweight hiking boot. I've just never felt the need for the ankle support. 

Climber climb 01 Jun 2022
In reply to wainright:why the custom charges. Quite a few shops stock them now 

HomerTheFat 01 Jun 2022
In reply to wainright:

Personal fit I suppose, but I just couldn't get on with them. felt great initially but my foot just rolled around too much inside.

Dr.S at work 02 Jun 2022
In reply to HomerTheFat:

> Personal fit I suppose, but I just couldn't get on with them. felt great initially but my foot just rolled around too much inside.

I found them much roomier, and harder to tighten the laces across the forefoot than my earlier pair of inov8 rocklight boots. Ended up getting some 3mm volume reducing inserts that made the volume ok. An advantage of the roomier fit was more toe space.

have only had them out for one proper trip, but did well in rough ground and managed to feel secure with a pair of kahtoola crampons. Longevity looks good so far, upper robust compared to the mesh ones.

Denning76 02 Jun 2022
In reply to wainright:

If the boots are like the fell shoes, all that means is that they'll have a bit more tread when the upper dies. The uppers were almost always the limiting factor.

stuartf 03 Jun 2022
In reply to Pina:

I disagree about the graphene being marketing guff. I had 2 pairs of the old roclite 305s, they both lasted about 800km by which point the sole was seriously worn so that I'd fall flat on my bum on steep wet grass. Onto my 3rd pair of the 275G, the first two pairs did over 1000km each, and the sole still has really good tread. Just a shame the uppers aren't more durable to match!

Pina 04 Jun 2022
In reply to stuartf:

Maybe it's just the way I run then... I've found the uppers never outlast the soles for me (pre-graphene included).

heleno 08 Jun 2022
In reply to Dr.S at work:

> I found them much roomier, and harder to tighten the laces across the forefoot than my earlier pair of inov8 rocklight boots. Ended up getting some 3mm volume reducing inserts that made the volume ok. An advantage of the roomier fit was more toe space.

My 345 GTX Roclites seem roomier than the previous version too. Your volume reducing inserts sound good - what brand were they?  If you could post a link that would be brilliant. 

Neil Williams 08 Jun 2022
In reply to wainright:

Inov8 generally - very comfortable but not very hard-wearing.

I did have a pair of those boots and really didn't like the way they didn't have "clip in" eyelets to allow you to separately tighten the upper and lower parts.  I much prefer the (admittedly a bit heavier) Merrell MOAB 2 GTX for that sort of boot.

Post edited at 15:44
In reply to heleno:

Invov8 did change things and more than once I think over the years. I’ve got two pairs of the 345s of different ages and they are two different width fits; at least the larger one can be tightened down, thought the narrower one is a bit snug fit for my liking.

Dr.S at work 08 Jun 2022
In reply to heleno:

To be fair to Inov8 they give them a wider fit rating than the 3-hundred boots.

I used these:

https://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Footwear/Footwear-Accessories/SID-VR...

they do a few different thicknesses, so you can play about to tune fit, especially if your foot shapes differ as mine do!

Dr.S at work 08 Jun 2022
In reply to heleno:

To be fair to Inov8 they give them a wider fit rating than the 3-hundred boots.

I used these:

https://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Footwear/Footwear-Accessories/SID-VR...

they do a few different thicknesses, so you can play about to tune fit, especially if your foot shapes differ as mine do!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...