UKC

Witches Quarry - Sign damage and fire pit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Frankie boy 01 Jun 2022

Hi guys, just thought I'd mention that I've gone to Witches Quarry today,  and it looks like someone's knocked all the bmc signs down. Theres a firepit on the left hand end and it looks like they've tried to use the posts of the signs for firewood. Also a couple of the signs have been burnt. 

Could be worth keeping an eye out in the near future in case there is a repeat of this. It would be a shame to lose access thanks to some idiots.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned on here.

Nige M 02 Jun 2022
In reply to Frankie boy:

If you have not already done so, can you report the details of this to the BMC access rep for Lancashire via email? Link below.

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/list-of-bmc-access-reps?s=2

It will be important for the BMC to fix the signs and explain the situation to the landowner. Almost certainly not climbers, of course.

steveriley 02 Jun 2022
In reply to Frankie boy:

This is what the sign would have said (via Les). Don’t park like a nitwit, don’t use the wall or fence to belay. No dogs, no fires (duh!).

OP Frankie boy 03 Jun 2022
In reply to Nige M:

Yeah, i did that on the day.  There was also one remaining metal sign left which I propped on the cliff roughly in line with where you drive in.

I took away a chunk of the ribbish and the following day another community minded climber did a sterling job of making the fire pit disappear.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...