UKC

All round walking/approach shoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gordonbp 07 Jun 2022

Looking for some recommendations for an all round walking/approach shoe. (If such a beast exists).

Waterproof would be an advantage, but not La Sportiva - they're too narrow in the toes....

PJ2398 07 Jun 2022
In reply to Gordonbp:

I know the La Sportiva thing has been done to death but the tx4’s have a roomy toe box. I’ve got wide feet and they fit perfectly. Worth having a look as they are very good. The mid tx4’s though are narrower, weirdly, I suspect because of the goretex lining. 

cwarby 07 Jun 2022
In reply to Gordonbp:

Got a pair of Boreal Tempest last year from Outside, love them. And I do have wide feet.

OP Gordonbp 07 Jun 2022
In reply to PJ2398:

i see they do a Tx4 and Tx5 GTX - might they have the narrower fit because of the Goretex?

PJ2398 07 Jun 2022
In reply to Gordonbp:

I’ve got the tx4 shoe and they fit very well, so bought the tx4 mid, which is gtx and a significantly narrower fit on my feet , so I had to sell them on. I was then told the tx5 boot is the same last as the tx4 shoe so tried them and they also fit very well. Not tried the tx5 shoe so don’t know what the fit is on that, sorry. It’s a strange one!

abr1966 07 Jun 2022
In reply to Gordonbp:

I have a wide foot across my metatarsal heads and struggle to get comfy shoes/boots but have often found Boreal that fit ok.....however, I'm currently sat on top of my local hill in some walking type trainers I bought from decathlon which are so comfy!! Might be worth having a look.....

scope 07 Jun 2022
In reply to Gordonbp:

Tx4 with goretex also has a wide toe box, exactly the same fit as without gtx.

Kryank 07 Jun 2022
In reply to Gordonbp:

I have some Scarpa Rapid which are amazing, hybrid Approach shoe / Trail runner, great grip even on wet grass, very light and cushioned, mine are not Waterproof, but seal skinsocks sort that, breathable shoes dry faster than waterproof ones when you sink in a bog, and waterproof seal skin socks are great. 

Andypeak 07 Jun 2022
In reply to Gordonbp:

Boreal Drom are fairly wide, very hard wearing and pretty good on technical terrain. I've had a pair for 2 or 3 years and they are still in really good condition, normally shoes only last me 6 to 8 months. They are a touch heavy but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for a shoe that lasts. 

GrahamD 07 Jun 2022
In reply to Gordonbp:

I have trouble with width and always seem to end up with Merrel Moabs as the best fit for me

Forest Dump 08 Jun 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

They're so comfy I got sick of looking at them in the end!

Chmusar 08 Jun 2022
In reply to Gordonbp:

After using Scarpa Vortex for many years and many resoles I changed to Hanwag Banks much comfier and a better lace system have had no problem with grip.

Not the lightest but I use them a lot now instead of boots unless I am carrying a heavy load

https://www.hanwag.com/uk/en-gb/men/hiking/banks-low-gtx?v=H203500%3a%3a404...

Billg 08 Jun 2022
In reply to Gordonbp:

Salewa Mountain Trainers are great stiff soled walking shoes. Gtx version is available 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...