UKC

Chamonix Camping Knowledge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mick B 10 Jun 2022

I'll be in Chamonix through July staying with a friend but I'm thinking about staying on and camping for a bit longer after this arrangement ends.

Anyone have any recent knowledge of prices and quality of campsites for a small tent and one vehicle in the Chamonix/Argentiere valley?

tehmarks 10 Jun 2022
In reply to Mick B:

https://www.campingchamonix.com/en/home/

This place. Awesome owners, really chilled, nice facilities including a lounge for when it's pissing it down for the fifth day in a row and you're bored of your tent. Fresh bread available every morning, a pizza van twice a week and in a beautiful place for just heading out and walking.

And the walk back from Chamonix when you've missed the last bus is really quite nice.

Solaris 10 Jun 2022
In reply to tehmarks:

Agreed. I booked my place this morning: has to be done on line (polite reply to my email, asking me to do so) and it looks like it's filling up.

David Myatt 11 Jun 2022
In reply to tehmarks:

Had a couple of stays here in 2016. Found it excellent and yes, the walk back after the last bus is not too bad.

BruceM 11 Jun 2022
In reply to Solaris:

A quick look at that Argentiere booking site for early July suggests they will allow 4 nights but not 1-3 (in a small van).  Do they not allow drop-in or short term camping at peak time maybe?  I thought it was a big open place.

Solaris 11 Jun 2022
In reply to BruceM:

Sorry, I am unable to answer your questions other than to say it's not that big a space. It's nothing like Ailefroide.

steve_gibbs 12 Jun 2022
In reply to BruceM:

I’ve stayed at the Argentiere (Les Choslets) campsite a bunch of times. You can usually just show up May/June and Sept, however it gets busy mid-July to around 20th Aug. Try calling them (two sisters), as the one who runs reception speaks good English.

BruceM 12 Jun 2022
In reply to steve_gibbs:

Thanks Steve and Solaris.  If I used them, I was thinking it would be more a turn-up for a couple of days or so at a time (while traveling around following weather), but sounds like that might not be poss in July.  Thanks guys.

OP Mick B 13 Jun 2022
In reply to tehmarks:

Thanks.  This sounds perfect if I can get in. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...