UKC

Upperbooth farm Edale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

The national trust campsite in Edale.

Anyone been is the road up to it as awful as it looks on the map. 

TIA

climber34neil 20 Jun 2022
In reply to Mrs Only a Hill:

Have been but not for a long time, however never had any issues driving up there 

Fredt 20 Jun 2022

I do believe a school bus goes up there, as there is a turning space for it at Upper Booth.

In reply to Fredt:

thanks, though I do wonder if your thinking of a different road the details I have recieved from the site say this 

" We do not accept vehicles over 5.5m long due to the narrow lane leading to the hamlet of Upper Booth."

and this 

"Please note that this is a narrow, restricted road and not suitable for large vehicles. Passing places are limited. Go under railway bridge"

philipivan 21 Jun 2022

If you're in a car it'll be fine in good weather unless loads of other people are coming the other way. If you have a trailer and a minibus full of kids it might be more challenging. 

We coped, and luckily with what we had planned didn't need to move the car once we arrived so that was good. Nice site, just abit disappointed with fellow campers disregarding the no open fires rule. 

SouthernSteve 28 Jun 2022

This is a great site for camping, but hopeless in a van as the camping field rapidly becomes very slippy. There are no problems with the road. Hasn't got quite the 'farm' feel it used to have now that it is NT, but is quieter and more secluded than Edale village campsite and there are no big caravans or trailers there.  Not sure if this is still possible, but with a small tent you used to be able to camp down by the stream and this was a glorious spot. 

EDIT - Sorry: just noticed you have been now. Was it worth leaving Scotland for this trip?

Post edited at 12:07
In reply to SouthernSteve:

We're still Lincolnshire based at the mo, so yes worth the trip.  Did a loop of kinder one day and the great ridge the other about 45km in total. nice leg stretch.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...