UKC

Is Sardinia OK for climbing Mid September

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Godwin 26 Jun 2022

As it says really. I have been IIRC in October or it could have been March, and loved it at Surtana. Would September be too toasty for climbing please?

MischaHY 26 Jun 2022
In reply to Godwin:

September should be fine unless you get a heatwave. Enjoy! 

OP Godwin 26 Jun 2022
In reply to MischaHY:

Thank you. Jeepers, the price car hire is Toasty.

Toerag 27 Jun 2022
In reply to Godwin:

I went at the end of May/start of June - It was OK if you picked your crag and time of day, and weren't worried about climbing at the top of your grade. Ulassai is a good bet if it's hot.

gethin_allen 27 Jun 2022
In reply to Godwin:

> Thank you. Jeepers, the price car hire is Toasty.

We've noticed this in a few places. Apparently the hire car industry sold a lot of it's stock during COVID and now they can't get hold of new cars due to the general shortage of new vehicles. 

Ian Patterson 28 Jun 2022
In reply to Toerag:

Just got back from Ulassai this weekend with my daughter and non climbing wife - temperature definitely on the warm side (up to 30+) but differing orientation of the crags allowed us to get ok(though obviously not optimal!) climbing conditions in mornings and late afternoons / evenings.  

Very impressed, lots of good climbing in the 6s and 7s , easy access from the village, lovely scenery and really friendly people.  Would imagine September particularly with lower sun could give pretty decent conditions.

Toerag 28 Jun 2022
In reply to gethin_allen:

> We've noticed this in a few places. Apparently the hire car industry sold a lot of it's stock during COVID and now they can't get hold of new cars due to the general shortage of new vehicles. 

Huge variation in prices too - Last week I rented a Corsa from Gatwick at £167 headline rate for 4 days.  A 7-seater Galaxy was £5k!!!

Post edited at 12:56

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...