UKC

SMC book vs Rockfax coverage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mcawle 20 Jul 2022

I’m sure this has been discussed but I can’t find it - is the eventual intention for there to be a 1:1 coverage of routes between the SMC guide books and their equivalent in Rockfax? E.g. I know that a lot (probably the vast majority) of the routes from Scottish Winter Climbs are now in Rockfax but not all of them yet as far as I can tell.

My understanding is that the digitisation is happening in chunks with the ultimate intention to have a 1:1 coverage - is that accurate?

In reply to mcawle:

There's a good chunk of Scottish Winter on there at the moment. I spoke recently with Rob, the publications manager for the SMC, and his intention was to get the likes of Scottish Winter West onto Rockfax Digital. It is quite an involved process, so it will take some time, and likely be drip fed onto the app. There is also some technical stuff we need to sort for some crags (technically crags can't appear twice so we need to decide how this will work along with Scottish Winter).

This will probably be done for newer material the SMC produce (some of the older books don't have the data we require to put it on the app).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...