UKC

Carbon road frame re spray ? How much ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 21 Jul 2022

As title . I appreciate you get what you pay for and I had half a mind to have a go myself but a quick google suggests £650 ? Which seems a bit high as I recently had full sus frame and forks bead blasted and powder coated for £250 . Whilst not showroom they are pretty good and well good enough for an mtb ( see picture on my profile ) that will , despite loads of heli tape , be all messed up very soon. Shame you can’t cook carbon. Anybody had one done recently ? Who by and how much ?

plyometrics 21 Jul 2022
In reply to mike123:

Can’t help with cost I’m afraid, but this guy’s based from a home workshop in Milnthorpe: http://www.carbonreincarnation.com/gallery.html

Got some frame damage advice from him once, nice guy and seems to do some quality stuff. 

OP mike123 21 Jul 2022
In reply to plyometrics:

Thanks . Just the job . I’ll give him a call 

Mike Nolan 21 Jul 2022
In reply to mike123:

Another recommendation for Mark at Carbon Reincarnation. Nice guy and does some impressive work! 

Toby_W 21 Jul 2022
In reply to mike123:

Argos cycles in Bristol used to do frame re sprays but always made me laugh with their utter lack of enthusiasm.  
Sigh you want your frame resprayed…

Two colours, we’ll have to open another can of paint.

Flames, we’ll have to do the stencil by hand.

Etc etc

Good luck

Toby

OP mike123 22 Jul 2022
In reply to Toby_W:

> Argos cycles in Bristol used to do frame re sprays but always made me laugh with their utter lack of enthusiasm.  

All to often the case in this country . I was looking at reasonably expensive “ thing “ that I want but really don’t need , the owner of the shop was almost dismissive . On the way back I called in to bike treks at ings ( very posh bike shop ) and almost walked out with a new bike that I really really don’t need but the young lad was so enthusiastic I almost convinced myself that N + 1 rule should come into play . 

Toby_W 23 Jul 2022
In reply to mike123:

Yes it still makes us laugh 15 years later, each request was met with the sort of resigned horror you’d expect from an Egyptian slave being asked to add another layer to the great pyramid!

Cheers

Toby

bobbyspangles 24 Jul 2022
In reply to mike123:

I've just resprayed a bike using spray.bike paints.

Very easy to use and a great finish.

All in cost £30 and took 2 days

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...