UKC

Pembroke comprehensive guides

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 islandlynx 23 Aug 2022

Hi all, 

I've been climbing at Pembroke for a while with rockfax and now the wired guide. I'm now wondering which of the comprehensive guides would contain the most interesting set of new routes in the e1-e4 range. 

Thanks all

In reply to islandlynx:

All have their merits but by process of elimination, discount range west due to limited access, the North due to it not being as good as the south then discount Stackpole and Lydstep because Penally isn't all that great then choose from the remaining two. Tough decision. Remember all the discounted areas are still covered by the greatest hits books and not as good as south Pembroke is still very good.

The correct answer of course is to buy the set, the cc offers deals on the big 3 and all 5.

Chris Murray 23 Aug 2022
In reply to islandlynx:

If I only owned wired and/or Rockfax, and could only buy one of the definitive, it would be no1, The North. It's hardly covered in either of the selective and has a vast variety of exciting and adventurous routes in the grades you're interested in....Barad (E1 5b) anyone???

In reply to Chris Murray:

Agreed. If you want some real fun the north has far more variety without the crowds. Added bonus that it is a more scenic area and no MoD access issues.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...