UKC

IFSC Edinburgh Tickets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zebidee 26 Aug 2022

So I access the site at 5pm on the nose - manage to add the tickets to the basket ... and ... Not Available

What the heck?

Completely sold out in less than a minute?

How?

Has anyone managed to get tickets? None of my crowd of friends managed either.

Post edited at 17:09
 Mowgli253 26 Aug 2022
In reply to zebidee:

Me and my friend also tried to buy tickets and we manage to select tickets but by the time we move the cursor to the add to cart button they were gone and cart is left empty.

teapot 26 Aug 2022
In reply to zebidee:

I got one lead qualification ticket, but needed two as really it's my daughter who wants to go and she can't go without an adult!! So unless I track down another one somewhere else then I might be able to provide one to someone.

My view is the price is so low that I imagine many qualification tickets will be unused by those who managed to get semi and finals tickets. 

Does anyone know if there is a secondary market for these tickets? 

aksys 26 Aug 2022
In reply to Mowgli253:

My experience too, all ready at 5. As soon the new tickets showed, I selected them to add to the cart....and then they vanished and that was it.

Annoying and disappointing, I wanted to take my 14 year old. 

Irelando 26 Aug 2022
In reply to zebidee:

Same. Be curious to know if anyone on here managed to get tickets 

OP zebidee 26 Aug 2022
In reply to Irelando:

> Same. Be curious to know if anyone on here managed to get tickets 

So far that’s about a dozen people who have tried and all failed. 

i mean fair enough it might just be bad luck but that’s a 100% failure rate. 

JLS 26 Aug 2022
In reply to zebidee:

I’m a bot and I managed to buy 200 tickets in 10.2 milliseconds. You humans are just so slow. If you need tickets check out my web page…

www.getticketsatsixtimesfacevalue.com

Post edited at 21:56
 BrendanO 27 Aug 2022
In reply to zebidee:

Yep, I arranged a quiet ten min at work to be ready at 5 and got zip. I was only after Saturday tickets. 3 friends all waiting at 5pm got zip. 4th friend got 1 ticket but needs 2.

I think a case of overhyping? Great if they genuinely have sold out, but lots of disappointed customers makes for disengagement and a bad feeling. No prob getting tickets the last twice it was in Edinburgh (but then, Olympics since then?).

I also note that Ratho will accept refunds up to a couple of days before…wonder if folk just bought job lots, planning to dump the extras for resale by Ratho in the last couple of days? That’ll be messy.

Maybe we’ll just go and climb in Ratho Quarry that weekend instead. It’s FREE…

Tigerlili 27 Aug 2022
In reply to zebidee:

Managed to get one ticket about 2 weeks ago, between the first release and the second release. Went on the website just in case and there was one ticket available so took it. Tried to get another for my friend at 5pm yesterday and managed to get click 2 tickets, but when I proceeded to pay it said there were no tickets in my basket. Sounds like that happened to a lot of people.

Just hoping tickets went to actual fans not people trying to make a profit off reselling tickets..

Ian W 27 Aug 2022
In reply to Tigerlili:

From a FB thread, there is at least one person who managed to get a car park ticket, but not an arena ticket. So if you see a shadow moving across the roof, and a little hole appearing..........

OP zebidee 27 Aug 2022
In reply to Ian W:

The fact that car parking tickets are still available, and, knowing how small the parking is at Ratho, makes me suspicious that the majority of the tickets have gone to scalpers. 

Ian W 27 Aug 2022
In reply to zebidee:

It would be an odd target, but people do the strangest things. She just found it odd that the arena tickets disappeared from the basket but not the car park one........would be very little point in parking your car there if you ain't watching!

bnwh92 28 Aug 2022
In reply to zebidee:

Am looking for 1 lead finals ticket. Anyone looking to let go, please let me know, thanks! 

Petulant Goose 04 Sep 2022
In reply to zebidee:

I’m looking to pick up a finals ticket if anyone has one they are willing to part with? Willing to pay up to £100.

Ian W 04 Sep 2022
In reply to Petulant Goose:

There are vacancies for car park attendants being advertised at £100 / day. These don't include access to the arena, but I'm sure there must be a way to sneak a view......

Post edited at 22:19
 Petulant Goose 05 Sep 2022
In reply to Ian W:

Have half a mind to spend the morning climbing and then hide myself in an air vent until the climbing starts!

teapot 05 Sep 2022
In reply to Ian W:

That happened to me! Well I accidentally bought a Sunday carpark ticket but not a Sunday event ticket! Did get qualis and speed final both on Saturday. Hopefully someone on the day will sell us finals tickets. 

Petulant Goose 08 Sep 2022
In reply to zebidee:

Anyone wanna buy a quail and semis ticket? I'm not going to be going in the end!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...