UKC

Best website(s) for finding self-catering accommodation?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 yorkshire_lad2 01 Sep 2022

Which websites do people recommend for finding self-catering accommodation?

Google searches tends to throw up lots of individual sites and small agencies, although Google does have its own holiday/accommodation searches.  But I was wondering if there are any sites that are better than the rest for self-catering and have good coverage. trivago and expedia do have self-catering settings, but are mainly hotels.

(In case it makes a difference, I'm looking for self-catering for two people on the Northumberland coast near Alnmouth/Bamburgh at Christmas and things are unsurprisingly looking a little tight just now!)

TIA

a crap climber 01 Sep 2022
In reply to yorkshire_lad2:

I've generally found air bnb to be the best bet in recent years.

The Norris 01 Sep 2022

I've used air bnb, bookings.com, holiday cottages, sykes cottages... all have pros n cons, but generally find something appropriate. 

timjones 01 Sep 2022

Booking.com. hotels.com and lastminute.com have all worked wel to intially locate properties for me.

Once you have located a suitable property it can be worth checking to see whether the owner has their own website or booking system or can be contacted directly.

elliot.baker 01 Sep 2022

A new one came out relatively recently (last year I think) called Vrbo (I think it's from the company that owns booking.com, trivago etc.) and it purports to collate together many of those other websites like Sykes etc. We used it and it was fine.

I also got some pretty decent topcashback from it (though it's only 2% now). 

Thanks for all the suggestions, very helpful.  booking.com is proving to be useful in pinning down what I am looking for.  FWIW, I found this article on which.co.uk (I have no connection with Which other than as a subscriber)

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/holiday-cottage-company-reviews/article/hol...

stubbed 02 Sep 2022

We stayed in a National Trust property once and it was great - clean & neat & good value, would definitely recommend them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...