UKC

Campsites in Font - small camp fires

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mick r 13 Sep 2022

Hi, 

Does anyone know if any of the campsites in Font will allow ( or you can get away with) a small camp fire?  Asking for a friend...

In reply to Mick r:

Your friend might want to hold off for a few years asking if it's ok to light a fire in a forest in continental Europe. Unless of course it's just a jovial ice breaker before a chat about Agincourt.

Ian W 13 Sep 2022
In reply to Mick r:

> Hi, 

> Does anyone know if any of the campsites in Font will allow ( or you can get away with) a small camp fire?  Asking for a friend...

Havent been to font for a few years, but as of 4 / 5 years ago i'm sure it was not allowed at Musardiere, and absolutely certain it was banned at Veneux, although they do have a specific area where barbecues can be lit. As per LSRH, i cant see these rules being relaxed in the intervening period.........

spenser 14 Sep 2022
In reply to Mick r:

Camping les pres in Grez Sur Loing used to in the back field, I haven't visited in 7 years though. 

Fruit 14 Sep 2022
In reply to spenser:

Now under new management, but no fires permitted in ‘19

spenser 14 Sep 2022
In reply to Fruit:

Fair enough, as mentioned I haven't been in years. 

OP Mick r 14 Sep 2022
In reply to spenser:

Their website says   Special "bivouac" areas with collective barbecues.  Think that's just a field without a toilet block. May have to make do with a disposable BBQ and a few twigs

In reply to Mick r:

> May have to make do with a disposable BBQ and a few twigs

Or, alternatively, don't be a ****

Maybe it'll be fine, maybe, but don't be surprised if one of the natives has a word about it. Or just comes over and pisses it out.

http://bleau.info Front and centre, in the big red box

ianstevens 15 Sep 2022
In reply to Fruit:

Pretty sure it's still the case. There is a forest wide ban at the moment IIRC, because everything is so dry.

Ciro 15 Sep 2022
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

> http://bleau.info Front and centre, in the big red box

I notice they've said no cigarettes, not no smoking... It's hard to imagine les bleausards sans spliff 😁

struds 16 Sep 2022

About 10 yrs ago after bouldering in the forest we returned to a deserted / large tarmac car park still within the forest and cooked a few sausages on a tiny disposable bbq by the car on the tarmac. 

anyway.. the ice cream van called the police on us and it almost got very messy!! 

lesson learnt was ‘no bbq’s in the forest’ applied to the entire area - not just the bits with trees ! And they were very ‘hot’ on it !

henwardian 16 Sep 2022
In reply to Ciro:

> I notice they've said no cigarettes, not no smoking... It's hard to imagine les bleausards sans spliff 😁

Not "no smoking", just "no cigarettes". If you have a cigar or a spliff, you should be fine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...