UKC

DESTINATION GUIDE: No Rope, No Car, No Problem: Via Ferratas and Trails in Southeastern Europe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 03 Oct 2022

Amanda Vestergaard writes about a pared-down but nonetheless enjoyable adventure in Italy and Slovenia, with some hints and tips for following in her footsteps. 

OK hear me out… what if… we leave the rope at home?" Saying this, I could hardly believe the words coming out of my mouth. It's mid-March, and my friend Fliss and I are on the phone discussing plans for our upcoming one-month trip to Europe. For budgetary reasons, we had already decided not to rent a car. As the blueprint for our trip evolved from a simple one-stop climbing venture to include hitch-hiking and trekking across multiple borders, it quickly became apparent that we would struggle to carry climbing gear on top of all the other essentials… the rack and rope had to go.

Read more

olddirtydoggy 04 Oct 2022
In reply to UKC Articles:

Great write up and some ideas for our next trip. What I've often found is that strangers will more likely help women than men. I've travelled as a couple before and often present our better half when asking for help. Great read  more please.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...