UKC

PRESS RELEASE: Leo Houlding lights up the North East to launch his first book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 04 Oct 2022

Leo Houlding has lit up iconic North East landmarks to mark the launch of his first book. A series of sudden projections illuminated the Angel of the North, Penshaw Monument, Wearmouth Bridge and the Tyne Bridge, celebrating the publication of 'Closer to the Edge', Leo's autobiography.

Read more

Rob Parsons 04 Oct 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Why did he have to go and spoil everything by having an endorsement by Bear f ucking Grylls on the cover of the book?! Instant loss of credibility.

Robert Durran 04 Oct 2022
In reply to Rob Parsons:

> Why did he have to go and spoil everything by having an endorsement by Bear f ucking Grylls on the cover of the book?! Instant loss of credibility.

I actually think it might have been a stroke of genius - it's as if Houlding has got Grylls to admit that he is anything but the real deal.

Post edited at 12:10
 Ciro 04 Oct 2022
In reply to Rob Parsons:

> Why did he have to go and spoil everything by having an endorsement by Bear f ucking Grylls on the cover of the book?! Instant loss of credibility.

Because he wants to sell loads of copies to the general public, rather than a handful of copies to climbers?

I always thought Leo Houlding had the potential to be the next Chris Bonnigton I.e genuine climbing credentials but the ability to cross over into the non climbing community. Surprised it has taken him this long to get a book out

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...