UKC

Fell on my arm and sprained it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 greyshark 26 Oct 2022

So ten days ago I was bouldering, and I fell from the top of the wall. I landed awkwardly and fell on my arm. I felt something in my arm and I instantly knew I'd injured it. 

I thought it was a sprain and expected it to swell up or lock or something. But the next day, the arm seemed fine.

So I tried climbing again three days later. At first, it went okay. But after ten minutes or so, my arm got tired. I had to stop climbing as my arm was becoming painful.

I haven't been climbing since then. I've been doing a lot of swimming this week instead. Right now my arm feels a bit weak and tired. There's no pain however, just a sensation of weakness when I lift my arm up.

I was wondering if I should see a doctor and what else I should do? Obviously I won't go climbing again until the arm is healed. Is swimming a good idea?

In reply to greyshark:

In my experience GP’s have little interest or knowledge around treatment of soft tissue injuries. You’d be better off seeing a well recommended physio privately as the NHS waiting lists are often lengthy. 

nikoid 26 Oct 2022
In reply to WanderingGinger:

> In my experience GP’s have little interest or knowledge around treatment of soft tissue injuries. 

Or people who aren't actually dying.  

Billhook 21 Nov 2022
In reply to greyshark:

I'll 2nd the other comment about not bothering with a GP.

To save you wasting your time - and theirs, you'll be told;  "Give it rest for a few weeks".

There's little a GP can do for sprains and the like.

John Kelly 21 Nov 2022
In reply to greyshark:

Good news is most things just heal up naturally. Soft tissue - give it 6 weeks - not a doctor 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...